Adequate
By ssright on
1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe
I love Honda. This car is my third Honda. This car is pretty sharp looking, but it fails in performance and reliability. I have the 4-cyl and it is pretty slow in 1st and 2nd gears, a little better after 2nd, but not much. Auto Transmission WILL go out before 125,000 miles, no question. Car currently has 120k on it right now and i've rebuilt the transmission and when that didnt' work, put in a new one. Even the new Transmission shifts a little hard. Lastly, this may be an isolated incident, but my non-power seats have broken 3 times and won't lock into place, so the pass. just slides forward and backward while i drive. Over all nice car, Not as reliable as i'd hoped.
Favorite Features
Great sunroof w/ no leaks. Cold air/hot heat. great radio. Couple looks really sharp compared to the sedan. HUGE trunk.
Suggested Improvements
upgrade the horsepower. I put aftermarket Cold Air Intake and throttle body spacer and it helped some, but still inadequate. Make the back seat more accessible. Use a different factory transmission! Check out new Honda Factory Performance Accord in 04-05 models. now THAT is a good honda.