1999 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Overall a good car

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

Overall a good car
By Chris on

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I wanted Honda reliability but was a little disappointed, overall a very good car though. Two guys I worked with have 98's (the year this version was redesigned), while they have a lot more miles, I used that as a gauge of problems I could expect. Alternator and battery failed at only 35K miles ($700) which I thought was pretty bad and it needed brakes prematurely soon after that, but that's been about it - almost 10 years old, needs new motor mount but no other repair issues. It's powerful, fairly quiet, agile, excellent handling and braking. Gas mileage drops al lot if you go 70+ MPH. The clear coat finish on the wheels is wearing a little prematurely being in FL most its life.

Honda V6s purr like kittens, Sunroof, 6 way power seat, AC/Heat blower is excellent., and the AC is still going strong - mj. improvement over Detroit brands.

Driver seat leather is wearing faster than it should; armrest and console should have been sturdier, and maybe a better alternator. Transmission while reliable should shift with more firmness, it's a little soft.