1999 Honda Accord Consumer Review: My First Car

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

My First Car
By sblennis1 on

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, given to me by my step dad. I got it with about 180,000 miles on it. I drove it up until about 200,000. The transmission started acting up but we didnt think it was a big deal. Turned out the torque converter went bad and ruined the solenoids. Other than that issue, i had no other problems whatsoever. The car has been in an accident and all that happened was a bent hood and a scratched headlight cover. This car could take just about anything and i loved it. It was extremely comfortable to drive and had pretty good gas mileage. The motor ran strong and still does.

-power driver's seat -large trunk -reliable engine -comfortablity -interior space

-easier fix for dented rear fender -longer lasting cats
By mthurl
on 01/09/13 14:59 PM (PST)

I hear the 6 cylinder models have transmission problems, but getting 200k out of it is pretty good. I have the 4 cylinder and so far I'm at the 250k mark without any real problems, but we'll see how it goes...I'm shooting for 300k.