1999 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great for 8 years

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Great for 8 years
By New Orleans on

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 15000 miles on it (basically new) - I have to say this was the best car purchase I made to this point - possibly because I had owned some lemons previously. Low maintenance, great highway performance. The V-tech engine is such a great feature - until the v-tech engine started having problems - and only a dealership could fix them. Started having tranny problems after the 8th year. I had it rebuilt and still had problems. Honda wanted between $3 & 4K to fix it - at the time it was only worth that much. Friend of mine is having tranny probs on her 2003 Accord so I am a little leery of them now. Am trading it for a Mazda 3 - we'll see how that goes.

The V-tech engine - allows you to drive low speeds in town and high speeds on highway with no shifting problems. Great interior - quality fabrics - fabric overhead never sagged.

Transmission failure at 7 & 8 years is a little soon for a car with such a strong reliability reputation and pricing.