1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
77,000 miles and counting
By 6thgenaccord on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Got a Honda Accord Ex sedan in Apr. 99 and it is a wonderful investment. The only gripes that I've had were like the guy in the previous review said, I got scared when the engine stalled when I was in the left turn lane. Everything died and I was luckily able to make it to my Honda dealer after restarting the car 10 times. Honda fixed it free of charge though cause it was a recall. That happened when the car was at 60K miles. Now, its at 77K and still running well. I just wish now it had more horsepower

loyal to honda forever
By Gaile on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is my second NEW Honda (my first was a 97 accord) and I am trading it in for my third new Honda this month. I have had NO mechanical problems with it in 72,000 miles. Everything inside the car MAKES SENSE for the driver and the passengers. I never had to worry about whether or not my car would start, or whether I had the power to pass a slow truck on a two-lane mountain road. In fact, my first Honda was nicknamed Balto by my kids - after the incredibly loyal and reliable sled dog from the legend. Bottom line, I LOVE this car, and you will too!

three problems with the new cars
By Max Shao on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Three problems with Honda Accord: 1) The car jitters when the driver wants to accelerate after slowing down for a turn or for a stop sign. It is very uncomfortable and it is dangerous, e.g., when one wants to make a left turn and the car does not accelerate smoothly and promptly. 2) Banging noise when one starts the engine. These two problems occur in every new Honda Accord of 1998-2001 years. Honda can do nothing about them. 3) The engine stalls due to ignition switch prematurely worn out. It is dangerous since if your engine stalls while driving in traffic, you are at risk of being hit. Honda has recalled its 1997-99 Accord for repairing this defect.

Spacious interior design, quiet ride
By runewell on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car. I tested several cars and this one had a very open and relaxed feel, while other cars seem to have the driver "boxed in". The 4-cyl is a fairly quite engine. My only complaints is that my gas mileage so far has been 21/27 and the specs (which may be merely an average) I recall as 23/30. But I haven't taken any serious road trips yet, so maybe it's better on the highway. The dealership Poquet Auto was great. No haggle-pricing, speciailizing in cars coming off leases - just the amount of depreciation we wanted on our vehicle. The car's paint job was meticulously touched up and we got new tires & brakes.

Remarkable Car
By Sundance on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We have owned a number of Accords and this is the best by far. It looks and drives like the day we bought it. Our servicing dealer has done all the normal PM and we have had no mechanical problems. It still has the original brakes! While we have drived a new V6 Accord and the Acura, they do not materially inprove on this car.

Love this Honda
By LoveThisHonda on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

My first Honda, definately not my last! No comparison as far as quality and reliability from any other car. Comfortable, nice ride, very smooth and quiet. The V6 is AWESOME. Interior and exterior design is outstanding. I traded in my Lincoln for it (loooking for a bit smaller car) and thought I was stepping down in quality. The Honda is by FAR a better Car! Already thinking about getting a 2003, also. I Love this car and if your considering getting one, just do it!

what is with power lock solenoids ?
By honda99 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

It is a great car overall. However, as soon as the warranty expired on my Honda 99, the power lock solenoids started to go bad one by one. I thought it was just a sticky solenoid. But, now, I have all four solenoids that are inop. Has anyone else experienced this ? What is the estimated cost to replace these ?

Best car
By Nightridas on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car it's very reliable

Transmission Failure
By Not on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my EXV6 new, and needed to replace the transmission at 42,000 miles after doing all maintenance recommended by the owners manual and more. Honda ate 75% of the $5700 cost after one month of bugging them. Honda extended the tranny warranty on 00-01 models, but neglected to do so with the 98-99 with the same transmission. Requests to Honda to explain any differences between 98-99 and 00-01 transmissions have gone unanswered. EGR valve replaced at 60,000 miles under extended warranty. Stereo replaced at 52,000 miles because of constant CD skipping. Ignition harnesses were recalled on many of these cars - be careful!

Great car
By Anuj on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Hondas are truly great cars....