Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

One of the world's most reliable cars
By Jeff

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

1999 4i 5MT Accord LX manufactured in Japan (Saitama, IIRC). The only thing that's broken in 9 years is the windshield. It's for all intents as- new, and gets 32ish mpg in mixed driving, which makes it tough to trade in for something "better". As a used vehicle, a well-maintained Accord is about as good as it gets.

Favorite Features

Reliability, still fresh styling, adequate performance, excellent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrading wheels/tires to non-standard size and offset will adversely effect steering. Brakes are disc/drum w/o anti-lock.

Honda outperforms similar Japanese Maker
By CJ

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned a model year Nissan Altima, a Toyota Camry V6 and the Honda Accord. While I thought the Camry would be my favorite (the Altima was a disaster and traded within one year) after 4 years and 107,000 miles it was in need of serious mechanical attention and was traded. The Accord, however has 137,000 miles and has been the most reliable and required the least maintenance. In fact, it's only been in the shop twice over these past 8 years, once for ignition and once for clutch (just recently).

Favorite Features

I have a spoiler, and the body style is still attractive and "current" after eight years.

Suggested Improvements

Next time I'll go for the automatic with a V6.

Unbeatable reliability
By amchev

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in January of 1999. In that time I've only done scheduled maintenance except for replacing the battery. 100% reliable transportation, everything works just like it did the day I drove it off the lot. It's not the most powerful or sporty car on the road and the newer models get better fuel economy but Honda has proven to me that they build reliable vehicles.

Favorite Features

Reliability. It does what it's supposed to do when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

Most of my suggestions have already been addressed since this car is 8 years old. Handling is mushy, but otherwise there isn't much to complain about.

Honda did it right
By Larry

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

The vehicle is fun to drive, very stylish, roomy and confortable. It has excellent view from all sides. Good mileage on the open road. Very spacious inside, and the trunk is large enough to handle large suitcases. Only one computer chip problem in nearly eight years, that the dealer was able to fix.

Favorite Features

Comfort, roomy and stylish.

Suggested Improvements

Dual A/C would be nice, hands free phone capability.

Great Car
By Stacy

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

We have really enjoyed our reliable Honda. We have had a few minor electrical problems, like dash lights burning out, but, otherwise it has been great.