1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I love it but beware
By KAH on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. Only problem is that I have been experiencing transmission problems since about 2.5 years ago, but it was just minor (or so I thought) rough shifting. I took it in and was told that everything looked ok. Just this past weekend the transmission failed on me at 91K. After doing research I found out that this is a known issue and a recall has been issued for the 2000-2001 models. http://www.auto.com/industry/iwirg21_20020921.htm. I am trying to get the dealership to take care of it. Wish me luck.

Love My Honda
By mommiemae on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This care has been zero maintenance (except for routine maintenance which I have performed according to schedule.) It has certainly turned me into a Honda owner.

Wouldn't drive anything but a Honda
By BruceF on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I really do love this car! The styling still looks current, and it's fun to drive. It gets great gas mileage, and it has plenty of room for me and four friends. It is a great car for my commute back and forth to college. It provides the functionality of a sedan with the sportiness of a coupe. I've never had a serious problem with it other than the brake switch going out-- the brakes still worked, but the taillights didn't come on. It was repaired under warranty. Other than that, it has not given me a single problem. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.

Sa-Weet!
By genxcp on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Just let go of our 99 Accord EX V6 black/black coupe for an 04 black/black Acuras TSX. I can only hope that the Acura now lives up to the departed Accord. The Accord was a blast! Always got looks, always delivered smooth and fast performance, never any troubles, etc. It hasn't travelled far, we sold it to a family member, so I'm sure we will see it for at least several more years.

ONE OF THE GREAT CARS!!!!!!
By DMITRY on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Great car.I THINK IT'S FAST AND POWERFULL ENOUGH!!!! Seems like it'll run forever. Very confident suspension. Comfy on long rides.NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!!

What can you complain about?
By accord lover on 05/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It is a well-built Honda. This car is fun to drive. The only problem is the gas mileage. The car is reliable and fun to drive. It has a good engine. 200 hp is not weak. The car is light and quick. It is a smooth and comfortable ride.

Hondas Forever
By DR on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle when it was 2 years old, with 30,000 miles on it. Right now, we have 60+k miles on it and not a single problem with it. I begin to wonder if the extended warranty (7yr/100kmiles) was a waste of money? We had German cars but this one is by far more luxurious for the price. Also I feel safer driving Honda than VW or BMW.

Good choice for the money
By notsoslimshady on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable. We've put on a lot of miles, and not only is it great on gas, but other than basic oil changes, nothing has been replaced on it or has been broken....65k and still going strong

This Cars Awesome
By Dustin Ricke on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

This car is a fun car. It has a great V6 v-tec engine. And the car has a great style. I suggest this car to anyone.

Another Great Honda
By boundsn on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Seems like it'll run forever. Very confident suspension. Comfy on long rides. Built for the interstate. I travel across country a lot, and this car has never let me down.