Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Awesome Car
By Dan

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I've put 3000 miles on my 99 Accord ex 5 speed. I've filled it up probably 5 times. Get's great gas mileage. I usually take first gear all the way to 6K RPM, and I still get around 25 MPG in the city. If your planning on buying an Accord, go with the 5 speed manual. A manual is so much more fun to drive. Car is pretty quick off the line too for a 4 cylinder. The only problem I'm having right now is the timing belt. I hear a constant ticking in my engine. No major problems though. Trunk is the biggest I've ever seen. This car was def worth the MSRP of $23000 back in 99. Hondas last forever

Favorite Features

Amazing powertrain. She should last til atleast 200k

Suggested Improvements

Putting the audio controls on the steering wheel. Only offered with V6 EX models. Would have liked to see this feature in the 4 Cylinder EX models

I love my Honda
By Lindsay

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda used with 65000 miles on it and it is now up to 103000 but it just keeps going! This car still feels like it is brand new. I haven't had any problems with my car and with gas prices the way they are I am nothing but totally convinced that this is the right car for me. I used to be embarassed that it was such a generic car and everybody has one, but the maintenance has been very easy and the parts I've had to install have been nothing but easy to do!

My Honda Accord LX
By Linda L

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda Accord has been very reliable. In the 6 years we have owned it we have only had to make the required maintenance, plus tires and windshield wipers. It has 120,000 miles on it and still going strong. It still looks good too. A/C, heat and power windows are still in good shape as well. The only problem I have is that the cassette player sometimes does not play. Other times it does. We bought a Honda Civic as our second car because our Honda Accord was so reliable. Our next new car will be a Honda Accord too!

Decent Car
By Josh Rules

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for a year and a half now. I bought it with 80,000 miles on it and have since added 20,000. It hasn't had any serious problems. The brake lines and gas lines rusted all the way through. That was about $150. The Transmission is kind of rough when you first start it, but after 5 min. it is fine.

Favorite Features

Get up and go is pretty good. Heat and Air conditioning works fast. Easy handling. Factory stereo is great!

Suggested Improvements

Transmission could be better. Power Locks don't work well as it ages.

Beautiful ride
By twazthere

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The last car I had was a 1996 Honda Accord LX sedan. I loved that car... unfortunately a guy pulling out of a parking lot in a truck didnt share that same love. To make a long story short, I wound up with this 1999 Honda Accord EX-L. It performs very well with a lot of peppiness. I get about 30-35 mpg on the highway and 20-25 mpg in town. The car is comfortable to drive in and is very spacious. The bottomline is that you cant beat a Honda for value, performance, and integrity.

Favorite Features

My favorites are the 2.3L V-TEC SOHC I4 engine, the spacious (and suprisingly luxourious)interior, and the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

To be honest there arent many things wrong with the car. The only thing I would say is that the transmission (the infamous honda automatic) needs to still be impoved on.