1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Unhappy Honda Owner
By hobbes_esq on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have driven it 63000 miles and I hate the car. The seat is uncomfortable and the emergency brake jabs into my leg. The cabin is noisy and you feel every bump in the road. The accelleration is slow. The car gets only 24mpg hwy. The ignition has been replaced twice. The car stalls nearly everytime I start it and the dealer cant fix it. The visor broke so it slides freely when I brake hard or turn. The cupholder is too large and un-adjustable. The power windows jam. I have owned an Escort, a Sentra, a Protege and a Regal, and each of them was better than this Accord.

Tough to beat
By mdwitty on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5 years with no problems. Compared to a camry, it runs a little loud, but it looks a lot better!!

Not so good
By ace1 on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has horrible brakes. Third set of pads in 65,000 miles. Soft pedal. Mater cyclinder replaced twice. Still soft. Electrical system with lots of problems. Bought this car because of Honda reputation. This will be my last Honda.

My Best Car Ever For Me
By Ram Chand Nair on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

You feel as if you are driving an expensive car but you know it is affordsble.Has god resale value and engine runs smooth and good road handling quality well surpass other car i have driven; its a pleasure to drive with an outstanding marque.

Bill's 99 Honda Accord Review
By Billryan1111 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Other than a new set of tires, changing the oil and adding gasoline to the tank, this car is the most reliable I've owned. Always starts - never fails.

Overall a Great Car
By J Farmer on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I couldn't ask for more. Fairly inexpensive,roomy,dependable and a fantasticly well designed 4 cyl engine. It can haul five people comfortably, reach highway speeds with ease (great for merging) and cruise at 90 mph (with yet more available power) all day long. Its been a pleasure to own as it just plain WORKS as a car should and not cost a fortune. 102K,1 set of tires, front brake pads...nothing else...SWEET!

1999 Honda
By Brownt1 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

While styling has never been a strong suit for Honda, I still like the looks of my 99 Accord. The spacious interior is a plus. The V6 engine is very smooth and delivers serious acceleration when you need it. The variable timing feature however causes a brief pause when you go for the gas. This has been annoying at times, but the overall performance of the engine and transmission make up for this feature. Mechanical issues have been diminimus. The car responds well to periodic maintenance. One mechanic noted at the 33,000 mile oil change that the engine looked barely broken in (a high compliment).

I'd do it again
By sjmom on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This was a great car for us. We never had any problems with it. We are looking for a larger vehicle otherwise we'd buy another Honda Accord.

Get In-Turn Key-Drive
By Dan258 on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the 1999 LX 4dr just over 4 years ago. I fill it will gas, do the oil changes, tire rotation and other planned maintenance. In a nutshell, I get in the car, turn the key, and drive. No problems, no worries, nothing. Very reliable. Great car.

Bearing Down
By yikes on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Overall results are good except for the alternater that went at 42ooo miles- I was told it was a Delco part and that they were having problems with them. I am also having problems with rear wheel bearings. Both sides went bad at about 39000 miles and were replaced by Honda, who told me I would not have any future problems. Eleven months later and less than 12000 miles the right rear was again replaced and I can start to hear the left rear making noice. Any one else having these problems?