1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews 7

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord- Good Buy
By Dene on 11/27/04 12:15 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Good engine power: "a lot of get up & go"; classy interior; excellent gas mileage; nice size for traveling (room enough for 5 to travel); there have been a couple recalls i.e. driver seat adjusters; passenger side door lock has been occasionally not working with the power locks (must lock/unlock it manually); well-built car, the body of the car held up well in a fairly bad wreck; overall, I love the car and have very few complaints= excellent buy!

excellent
By So Cal accord on 11/14/04 20:10 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

this car is magnificent. it is fun to drive and it is quick. there are no signs of bad craftsmanship in a honda. this car easily shows how well hondas can be.

Great but too large
By Ysette on 11/06/04 11:11 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used after my grandfather died. I would have never chosen a car this large, but in whole I am quite pleased with it. It is very well- built. Everything is solid and it rides well. It gives the driven a firm feel for the road which is important. The leather seats, while too large for me, are well-supporting and easily adjustable. The five-speed transmission shifts smoothly and offers a lot of fun acceleration. The air conditioning works well and doesn't draw too much power from the engine. The fuel economy, while not that of a Civic, is very respectible (~30 mi/gal for my driving). The especially enjoy the sunroof which is automatic.

LovesHerAccord
By LovesHerAccord on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Accord LX in March with 81k miles. In 7 months, I have added 14k to that and don't regret it one bit. Its been more than reliable. This is my second Honda and I'm sure to have a third. Other than changing the oil and gassing it up, there's nothing else that needs to be done. I wish I could have happened on the EX model when I found this one, just for extra bells and whistles, but I'm happy with what I've got. The gas mileage is awesome, too. I did a lot of traveling shortly after purchasing it and it was affordable. Everything has been affordable and they've got great resale value. The dealer trade-in value is more now than I paid for mine back in March! I love my honda!

Honda Magic
By AtlantaGuy on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is the best car ever. We love it and people always comment on it. It's a head turner and fun to drive. This is the 7th Honda we've bought in our car buying career. We just bought an '88 Civic (#8) with 260,000 miles with no fear for our college son. My '90 Accord has more than 300,000 miles and is still running strong. We LOVE Hondas!

Got more then i paid for
By Adrian Villanueva on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. You get more then you could ever pay for. The most reliable car I Have ever had. It does not sacrifice anything. Put it to you this way I will never buy anything but a honda

Nice but do your research
By ZippyZaZa on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I am a college student and up to this point the car has worked great for me. But transmission just started acting up and I am having it rebuilt right now, which will leave me practically destitute. Never expected this from a Honda, which is why I saved up to buy it in the first place. What a mistake! Honda America does not even respond to my letters or return my calls for assistance. Don't know why only '00-'01 models get extended powertrain warranty when it is the same transmission in '98- '99 models. Apparently I'll never know anyway since they won't even acknowledge me. This will certainly be my last Honda.

Severe Transmission Problems
By HondaBlows on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Transmission on this car is defective (same transmission used in 98-01 models). Apparently Honda doesn't care about 98-99 owners b/c the extended warranty on their junk transmissions only covers 00-01 models. People should know they are not standing by their product and causing far too many owners a great deal of hardship by forcing them to replace the faulty transmissions at their own expense. Do not buy this car thinking you are getting "legendary" Honda quality. That is BS. I guess I should at least thank them for converting me into a Toyota customer (even Chevy Cavalier is looking good compared to this thing).

disappointed
By aposak on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

A previous Accord owner, I am highly disappointed by this car. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and very nice. The styling is alright. The performance does not meet my expectations at all. I expected better than 20 mpg (my previous 4-cyl Accord averaged 31). The transmission is terrible! Previous owner had it replaced, but still doesn't shift well at all. This is my first Honda automatic, and my last for sure. I'll either go with a manual 4- cyl or look at a different brand.

Honda Accord 2dr EX V6 im lovin it
By loni on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

this has been a very reliable car, it has lots of power but great on gas