1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Severe Transmission Problems
By HondaBlows on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Transmission on this car is defective (same transmission used in 98-01 models). Apparently Honda doesn't care about 98-99 owners b/c the extended warranty on their junk transmissions only covers 00-01 models. People should know they are not standing by their product and causing far too many owners a great deal of hardship by forcing them to replace the faulty transmissions at their own expense. Do not buy this car thinking you are getting "legendary" Honda quality. That is BS. I guess I should at least thank them for converting me into a Toyota customer (even Chevy Cavalier is looking good compared to this thing).

disappointed
By aposak on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

A previous Accord owner, I am highly disappointed by this car. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and very nice. The styling is alright. The performance does not meet my expectations at all. I expected better than 20 mpg (my previous 4-cyl Accord averaged 31). The transmission is terrible! Previous owner had it replaced, but still doesn't shift well at all. This is my first Honda automatic, and my last for sure. I'll either go with a manual 4- cyl or look at a different brand.

Love My Honda
By mommiemae on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This care has been zero maintenance (except for routine maintenance which I have performed according to schedule.) It has certainly turned me into a Honda owner.

Hondas Forever
By DR on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle when it was 2 years old, with 30,000 miles on it. Right now, we have 60+k miles on it and not a single problem with it. I begin to wonder if the extended warranty (7yr/100kmiles) was a waste of money? We had German cars but this one is by far more luxurious for the price. Also I feel safer driving Honda than VW or BMW.

Good choice for the money
By notsoslimshady on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable. We've put on a lot of miles, and not only is it great on gas, but other than basic oil changes, nothing has been replaced on it or has been broken....65k and still going strong

Keeps on tickin'!
By Randman on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my Accord and for the most part have been extremely happy. The car is incredibly reliable. Other than a new set of brakes and tires, all I've had to do is change the oil and filter. It is fun to drive, easy to maintain and holds four adults comfortably. The interior, in particular, has held up very well, no cracking leather seats like my previous Acura Legend.

Another Great Honda
By boundsn on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Seems like it'll run forever. Very confident suspension. Comfy on long rides. Built for the interstate. I travel across country a lot, and this car has never let me down.

Still The best
By calceste on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have owned several Honda since 1986, The Accord have been the most complete trouble free car I ever had. I purchased from original owner with 40K miles, only have put a new set of tires, drives great, super safe handling, impressive response on acceleration for a 4 cilinder, daily driving is very confortable and its simplistic with contemporary stily makes this one one of the best car on the road for the value.

Almost the best car in the world
By XEPCOH 1 on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Since i bought this car i drove from New York to Seattle to S.Francisco and all around America. I neeeeever had any problems with this car. One problem i had was Check engine, but car is still perfect. that is my 3d car and that is the best car i ever had.

Transmission FAILS Honda VERY aware
By scs on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

After 59,000 miles and every scheduled maintenance done,my car is labeled "unsafe to drive" by Honda dealer! Admits that 2000 and 2001 have a problem and after much chat "some" 1999! I know 4 people just in my town with the exact same problem! NEW transmission needed after less than 60,000 miles! My engine light didn't come on until 2 miles before the transmission was deemed unsafe...what if I had been on a highway going 55? DANGEROUS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!