Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Nothing is perfect-Great basic vehicle
By Beppie

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have 175K on my 1999 Honda Accord. I am thinking of purchasing another car, but it would only be for fun. My car runs like a new car. I could drive to the moon and back with confidence. I did have to replace the transmission at 90K and the ball joints at 30K. However, Honda covered these expenses and were very apologetic to me. The dealer gave me a loaner car. Keep up the maintenance with an oil change every 3000 miles.

Reliability. Safe ride in the winter. Safe winter handling.

Transmission problems, ball joint problems, expensive parts when not covered by warranty, lights burning out on clock, dashboard

It's Alive!!!
By Dave S.

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new nearly ten years ago. It's my third Honda and by far the one I've owned for the longest. This car is a rock! I have over 215,000 miles on it and it still runs fantastic. The body and interior are in great shape, very solid. I'm shooting for 300k miles before I consider buying a new one.

Everything. Great car!

The annoying problem with the "emissions" systems. The check engine light goes off - take it to Honda - emissions problem - $330. This has happened 3 times. I've been ignoring the check engine light for the last 70K miles! Heheheh...

Ain't No BMW
By Fudbutter

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This car was delivered new in July 1999. After 9 years and 139,000 miles it has proved to be reliable to get us from point A to point B consistently, but over that time, the cruise control conked out and she leaks oil (About a quart a fill up) despite diligent maintenance. The body has a bit of rust and many nasty door dings. Other than that, no major issues. Brakes and timing belt have already been replaced but tranny has showed no issues. It is used as a the car to get us to the city, airports or anyplace we would be uncomfortable taking our precious roadster. All in all, it hasn't been the "bulletproof" transportation that it was supposed to be, but it has never left us stranded.

Basic transportation. Park it anywhere. Makes our other car seem faster and much more fun to drive.

'99 car that has been improved in 3 subsequent generations but is now way too big

99 Accord LX V6
By Krishna Prasad

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord in 99. I have clocked 113K so far. While the car has generally been low maintenance, the transmission had to be replaced at 102K. After reading the comments, looks like transmission has been a problem on 99-03 edition. And now the rack and pinion assembly needs to be replaced. Has anybody faced this problem? Brake rotors and power steering pump were replaced too. I guess after 100K, there is no escaping from frequent maintenance expenses. But the engine and performance is still impressive. I do 60 miles round trip daily and the drive is very comfortable with the V6 notwithstanding the $4 gas. I hope to get it to at least 125K without much expense

V6 - great engine, and build

The latest models are a big leap from what I had

Excellent car until transmission goes
By Nathan

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

We have loved this car-, early perfect reliability and fine performance. Could be more comfortable, but that was a small price to pay for perfect performance over 8 years. The transmission is gone, though, and the timing belt needs to be replaced. The complete repair/maintenance bill is going to run around 3000 or more. The car has basically lost all its value in 9 years. So the value could be better.

vtech, handling.