1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Keep shopping
By Cynthia on 11/02/05 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 Honda Accord EX V6 Engine, three months ago. When I bought the car it had 64,000 miles. Less than 2 months later the transmission went on me...what a headache when you are 200 miles from home. There has also been several recalls on the vehicles ignition switch. Even after having the ignition completely replaced, my key would get stuck in the ignition...another headache. I brought it back to the dealership 4x for the same problem. Finally, or so I hope, they have pin-pointed that when the tranny was replaced, the gear shifter was not aligned properly (???) which caused the key to get stuck. Let's see what happens. In any event, I am frustrated with all the problems I have.

Driving Ms. Honda
By MRV on 09/24/05 17:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my '99 Accord EX 5-speed new and have changed the oil every 3K miles and kept up with other routine maintenance. When I did my maintenance I only used Honda parts and found everthing to last tremendously longer than the OEMs. Second set of front brakes lasted 70K, back 77K. This was my second Accord...some thief liked my '96. This car is worth every penny I and the insurance company paid...I currently have nearly 100K miles and I still get awesome gas mileage...29 city/36 highway...better than the guesstimate from Honda. Oh yea...every once in a while I think about getting rid of it but then I get in it and am reminded why I love it. And at $3.00/gallon, the mileage can't be beat

Reliable Car
By gyori on 09/20/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I was looking to buy a reliable car. I did my research and the Accord seemed like a good bet. I was right. So far, the only problem I've had is the alternator went bad. I change the oil every 3K miles and the car performs well. The leather interior is very comfortable. The auto temp air conditioner is great and very cold. Unlike, most cars I've had, this car hasn't had the "little" problems (interior falling apart) that come with time. Everything is where it's supposed to be. The handling could be better, but it is a family sedan after all. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Great car!
By Sam on 08/30/05 10:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Love my car, have had it now for 6 years. Only improvement I would make would be to increase space in the back seat!

Adequate
By ssright on 07/13/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I love Honda. This car is my third Honda. This car is pretty sharp looking, but it fails in performance and reliability. I have the 4-cyl and it is pretty slow in 1st and 2nd gears, a little better after 2nd, but not much. Auto Transmission WILL go out before 125,000 miles, no question. Car currently has 120k on it right now and i've rebuilt the transmission and when that didnt' work, put in a new one. Even the new Transmission shifts a little hard. Lastly, this may be an isolated incident, but my non-power seats have broken 3 times and won't lock into place, so the pass. just slides forward and backward while i drive. Over all nice car, Not as reliable as i'd hoped.

great reliable suprisingly quiet car
By p g on 06/29/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

this car has been very reliable. timing belt was the only major service done since 60K miles. It is quiet and nice with the right tires on it.

1999 Accord EX
By Topgun on 06/28/05 04:24 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Love the styling of the two door EX coupe but will never buy a two door again. Getting into the back seat is a chore. Transmission started acting up at 120k at that point the car was traded. Brakes on this car are total junk. The rotors warp which leads to vibration under braking. Interior quality is marginal. Overall, I enjoy driving the car and have never regretted getting the 4-cylinder engine.

99 Honda civic by bill
By geo will on 04/10/05 10:23 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

Great car. Exhaust and brakes needed repair sooner than expected. Not the greatest vehicle for winter driving.

Great Car
By barra321 on 02/10/05 21:52 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for several months now. I had a '87 w/ 190k miles Civic before. Honda is hands down the best car made today. Just keep up with the REQUIRED maintenence and you'll love this car for years and years.

What a blessing !!!
By Gary King on 01/20/05 00:54 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We are the original owners of this car. Our Accord has over 180,000 miles on it. I have changed the oil every 5000 miles and done all other normal maintenance myself. We took it into the dealership to have the timing belt replaced as spec. by Honda. Other than that this car has never needed anything but gas and someone in the drivers seat. This has been the most amazing vehicle. I agree with one of the other reviewers when they said "they got more than they paid for." Honda has made a believer out of me.