1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Japan built accords last longer!
By cer on 09/20/06 05:55 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

i bought my accord used, the ulev edition, which is built in japan. the transmission is only now, at 199,000 miles, is starting to slip a little, mostly due to old tranny fluid. american built hondas are the ones that are giving the company a bad rap. you can't build a japanese product outside of japan, it just won't work. won't buy another honda because they majority are built in the u.s. now, but will never rule out buying a used one after researching where the car was built.

Awesome Car
By Dan on 07/18/06 04:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've put 3000 miles on my 99 Accord ex 5 speed. I've filled it up probably 5 times. Get's great gas mileage. I usually take first gear all the way to 6K RPM, and I still get around 25 MPG in the city. If your planning on buying an Accord, go with the 5 speed manual. A manual is so much more fun to drive. Car is pretty quick off the line too for a 4 cylinder. The only problem I'm having right now is the timing belt. I hear a constant ticking in my engine. No major problems though. Trunk is the biggest I've ever seen. This car was def worth the MSRP of $23000 back in 99. Hondas last forever

I love my Honda
By Lindsay on 04/25/06 11:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Honda used with 65000 miles on it and it is now up to 103000 but it just keeps going! This car still feels like it is brand new. I haven't had any problems with my car and with gas prices the way they are I am nothing but totally convinced that this is the right car for me. I used to be embarassed that it was such a generic car and everybody has one, but the maintenance has been very easy and the parts I've had to install have been nothing but easy to do!

My Honda Accord LX
By Linda L on 03/11/06 06:29 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda Accord has been very reliable. In the 6 years we have owned it we have only had to make the required maintenance, plus tires and windshield wipers. It has 120,000 miles on it and still going strong. It still looks good too. A/C, heat and power windows are still in good shape as well. The only problem I have is that the cassette player sometimes does not play. Other times it does. We bought a Honda Civic as our second car because our Honda Accord was so reliable. Our next new car will be a Honda Accord too!

Decent Car
By Josh Rules on 03/04/06 13:27 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Accord for a year and a half now. I bought it with 80,000 miles on it and have since added 20,000. It hasn't had any serious problems. The brake lines and gas lines rusted all the way through. That was about $150. The Transmission is kind of rough when you first start it, but after 5 min. it is fine.

Beautiful ride
By twazthere on 02/19/06 13:01 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

The last car I had was a 1996 Honda Accord LX sedan. I loved that car... unfortunately a guy pulling out of a parking lot in a truck didnt share that same love. To make a long story short, I wound up with this 1999 Honda Accord EX-L. It performs very well with a lot of peppiness. I get about 30-35 mpg on the highway and 20-25 mpg in town. The car is comfortable to drive in and is very spacious. The bottomline is that you cant beat a Honda for value, performance, and integrity.

I Love Honda
By BabyGirl on 01/28/06 21:08 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

i bought my car in April of 2004 with 26,000 miles on it and it is still running strong with 46,000 miles on it. had no major problems yet. i love the 200 hp and sleek design but and i love the Huge trunk you can put anything in there!! all in all it is a perfect car AND I WILL ALWAYS BUY A HONDA

Old Faithful
By chellie88 on 01/28/06 13:25 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This car was my first new car purchase and after six years I am still pleased. I have been grateful as I look back and realize I never spent over $500 for any repairs. There is scheduled maintenance to keep up with but I didn't do all of them and am still blessed with a good performing vehicle.

Buy the 4 cylinder / Manual!!!!!
By Dan S. in MI on 01/11/06 12:28 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in '01 (it's now 06) and I am very happy with the value. I have experienced no powertrain issues, as are common with automatic transmission models. I average 32 MPG on highway. 4-cylinder has plenty of spunk. The ride leaves a bit to be desired. Engine noise noticeable - air noise noticeable - not as smooth as my 16 YEAR OLD Lexus LS 400. Very easy for my local $40/hr mechanic to work on - or if I'm feeling brave I have tackled a few issues. Plenty of room in engine compartment to manuver. BUY THE 4 CYL!!!

I have the scoop on Accord vs. Camry
By Greg on 12/30/05 19:03 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I have purchased 3 new 4cyl Accords (83,90,99) with absolutely no mechanical problems, we drove the 83 60k miles, the 90 134k miles and the 99 we drove 84k miles. But lets face it...Honda and Toyota know what they are doing. I have also bought 4 New Toyotas. Averaging 100k miles. Neither car is perfect but both do as advertise..reliable, clean lines, great value, good size,good resale, low maint. cost. The 99 accord is great but does have excessive road noise (Camry's are significantly quieter). The 4cyl Accord has plenty of power...I like to zip around and cruise at 75-80mph on I- 5. Anyone that says they need more power must have the thing loaded down and going straight up a steep hill.