Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

What a car!
By Harry

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100 miles on it. It just turned 30,000 miles, since I take public transit to work and garage it the rest of the time. It is in showroom condition - not one door ding or dent on it! Absolutely mint in and out. My 5-year warranty came and went without me taking advantage of it, as I know i paid for it upfront. It drives like new. The only complaint I have is that the acceleration from a stop till about 50 mph is not that great. Then again, that may be the norm for a 4-cylinder car, though it is a V-Tec engine. I intend to drive it for a long time or give it to one of my kids.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration from a dead stop to 50 mph leaves a lot to be desired.

My Second Honda and it want be my last
By Molove1009

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

While I have this 1999 Honda accord today because my 94 Honda Accord was damaged pretty bad in a wreak. So far I love the car, I brought it for 2,800 as is. It didn't need any under the hood work just a paint job and a new hood.I was blessed. I drive back in forth from home to school in another city. My gas lasted forever, 20 dollars lasted me 6 days straight. But my shifter has been getting stuck in park and I have to pull it hard to shift to another gear but that is fine, no biggie got fixed. I love hondas and toyotas and I want changed to an American made car for nothing, because they only look good, but they don't last long at all compared to hondas and toyotas. Just do your research.LOL

Favorite Features

leather interior,handling,MPG,body build,v-tec motor(so much power), and the electric seat adjusters. I also love the sunroof and spoiler. My heat and A/C work wonderfully. My honda is so spacious.

Suggested Improvements

The noise it makes while I am stopped, I think the transmission fluid just needs to be drained and replace with new fluid. Everything else is perfect.

Honda
By logan.baranowski

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is my first car ever! I love it. Has some transmission problems but it still drives, so no problems. It is 12 years old and I drove it 80 mph on the freeway and she got 33 mpg and that was with my bike rack. Bought from my dad's coworker. Got a great deal $5000 and it is still worth $4000 after two years. I recommend this to all.

Favorite Features

V-Tec, even thought it is a 4 Cyl engine, you'd never know

Suggested Improvements

Better noise reduction in car cabin

My First Car "Love It"
By Kyle

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love my Honda. Its my first car. i bought it used in 2008 and i haven't had any problems with it what so ever. The only thing wrong with it right now is the A/C but that's not really a big deal it just has to be recharged.other than that its been a great car for me and i wouldn't think twice of buying a brand new one.

Favorite Features

Smooth Handling, color, styling, comfort, Stereo

Suggested Improvements

The hubcaps paint job isn't very good.And the rear view mirrors not painted well either. But it's plastic so that's probably why the paint doesn't stay on there very well.

Best car
By Donna

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord LX has been one of if not the best car I've ever owned for it's reliability, handling (I love) and comfort.

Favorite Features

color, leather, interior, smooth handling.

Suggested Improvements

longer lasting transmission and better gas mileage.