Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Been a great car
By usedlux

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 10 years and loved it.
The transmission started to act up, so I am moving on.

Its a tank
By joe5hunter

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car its a tank it has taken abuse that any normal car would have crapped out and given up lol. I got this from my older brother who got it from my dad we have put 160,000 miles on this car and it runs!!!!! and runs good this thing could tell one hell of a story... I would recommend this car to anyone i love my honda it has never broken down or crapped out on me gas milage is great has original motor and trans we kept up on oil changes fluid changes and have had no problems normal wear and tear stuff but nothing major was replaced.

It wont quit lol it will be passed down to my sister next.

Ignition, catalytic converter

just keeps on going flawlessly
By mthurl

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99, and have had very very little problems with it since. It now has 212k miles and still drives pretty close to new. I live in New England and this car has gone through some of the worst winters you could imagine...ice, snow, road salt, pot holes, sub zero temperatures. It still has the origanal engine, tranny, struts, starter, alternator, exhaust and steering components.

I believe if I had lived in the south I would not of had to replace much of anything at all (rust has had me replace the brake lines and fuel tank). Aside from that, the only repairs made were; a ball joint, tie rod, evap solenoid and vtec solenoid. Not bad for 12 years and a total of $200.00

What a car!
By Harry

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100 miles on it. It just turned 30,000 miles, since I take public transit to work and garage it the rest of the time. It is in showroom condition - not one door ding or dent on it! Absolutely mint in and out. My 5-year warranty came and went without me taking advantage of it, as I know i paid for it upfront. It drives like new. The only complaint I have is that the acceleration from a stop till about 50 mph is not that great. Then again, that may be the norm for a 4-cylinder car, though it is a V-Tec engine. I intend to drive it for a long time or give it to one of my kids.

Everything!

Acceleration from a dead stop to 50 mph leaves a lot to be desired.

My Second Honda and it want be my last
By Molove1009

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

While I have this 1999 Honda accord today because my 94 Honda Accord was damaged pretty bad in a wreak. So far I love the car, I brought it for 2,800 as is. It didn't need any under the hood work just a paint job and a new hood.I was blessed. I drive back in forth from home to school in another city. My gas lasted forever, 20 dollars lasted me 6 days straight. But my shifter has been getting stuck in park and I have to pull it hard to shift to another gear but that is fine, no biggie got fixed. I love hondas and toyotas and I want changed to an American made car for nothing, because they only look good, but they don't last long at all compared to hondas and toyotas. Just do your research.LOL

leather interior,handling,MPG,body build,v-tec motor(so much power), and the electric seat adjusters. I also love the sunroof and spoiler. My heat and A/C work wonderfully. My honda is so spacious.

The noise it makes while I am stopped, I think the transmission fluid just needs to be drained and replace with new fluid. Everything else is perfect.