1999 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 1999 Honda

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

1999 Honda
By Brownt1 on

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

While styling has never been a strong suit for Honda, I still like the looks of my 99 Accord. The spacious interior is a plus. The V6 engine is very smooth and delivers serious acceleration when you need it. The variable timing feature however causes a brief pause when you go for the gas. This has been annoying at times, but the overall performance of the engine and transmission make up for this feature. Mechanical issues have been diminimus. The car responds well to periodic maintenance. One mechanic noted at the 33,000 mile oil change that the engine looked barely broken in (a high compliment).

Favorite Features

Cruise and radio control buttons on the steering wheel are convenient. Controls are easy to reach/good ergonomics. Visibility out the front window is outstanding. I was able to fold a wheel chair and put it in the trunk with room to spare, even with a set of golf clubs.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the steering wheel buttons were illuminated at night. When driving the car, it's tough to see where to put your fingers to hit the right buttons.