Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord 2dr EX V6 im lovin it
By loni

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

this has been a very reliable car, it has lots of power but great on gas

powerfull and quit engine

Seats are not that comfortable for long distance driving

I love it but beware
By KAH

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love this car. Only problem is that I have been experiencing transmission problems since about 2.5 years ago, but it was just minor (or so I thought) rough shifting. I took it in and was told that everything looked ok. Just this past weekend the transmission failed on me at 91K. After doing research I found out that this is a known issue and a recall has been issued for the 2000-2001 models. http://www.auto.com/industry/iwirg21_20020921.htm. I am trying to get the dealership to take care of it. Wish me luck.

Agressive body styling. Driver controls on steering wheel

Tranny!!!!

Love My Honda
By mommiemae

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This care has been zero maintenance (except for routine maintenance which I have performed according to schedule.) It has certainly turned me into a Honda owner.

Good highway handling and comfort. V-Tec engine has plenty of power for long road trips.

Wouldn't drive anything but a Honda
By BruceF

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I really do love this car! The styling still looks current, and it's fun to drive. It gets great gas mileage, and it has plenty of room for me and four friends. It is a great car for my commute back and forth to college. It provides the functionality of a sedan with the sportiness of a coupe. I've never had a serious problem with it other than the brake switch going out-- the brakes still worked, but the taillights didn't come on. It was repaired under warranty. Other than that, it has not given me a single problem. I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.

The sunroof and the great sound system are among my favorites. I love having radio and volume controls on the steering wheel, too!

The glare is pretty bad on the wind shield if you Armorall the dask, so be careful.

Sa-Weet!
By genxcp

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Just let go of our 99 Accord EX V6 black/black coupe for an 04 black/black Acuras TSX. I can only hope that the Acura now lives up to the departed Accord. The Accord was a blast! Always got looks, always delivered smooth and fast performance, never any troubles, etc. It hasn't travelled far, we sold it to a family member, so I'm sure we will see it for at least several more years.

That buttery V6! Styling