1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great except for road/wind noise
By mgarida on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This is my second Honda Accord and I have generally been pleased with performance & reliability. After purchasing this one I noticed very loud road / wind noise when traveling on the highway. Talking quite loud is necessary for conversation on the highway. The vehicle has a sunroof with bug shield, which may have some culpability but the noise does not seem to be localized in that area. That's my only complaint, but it's a very annoying problem.

Honda Accords Rule
By iamj2b on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Excellent reliability. Great to drive on highway.

gutless roadnoise
By r. louder on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

interior functionality wonderful, exterior appearance fine, driveability deplorable. Extremely underpowered, intense road noise, you have to scream to talk and turn the radio full volume to hear anything AM. I have already replaced the battery which was not warranty-every other car has a 3-36,000 includes batteries? I had to buy mine!

Excellent car
By Erickrocks on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

What a great car. Coming from a 300ZX, I was used to a sports car. My 2dr V6 coupe has the power of my old Z (and more) but the comfort and room of a full size car. Just turned over 60200 miles in 3 years, and have had almost no problems at all. Handles well for a sedan type car (with high performance sport tires -- ditch the Michelens), comfy to drive, looks good, decent power, and a great value. Removed the stock airbox and put in a KN cone type air filter system...the motor sounds great!!

Surprised by Honda
By 3rdHondacar on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I loved the look of this car when it first appeared back in 1998. I finally bought a pre-owned Accord, a 1999 model, this last year in 2001. I've gotta say, the car looks great in and out (I get compliments often from friends), BUT I've never owned a car with so many rattles. The dash, glove box, and back shelf rattle to no end-- I've attempted the dealer repair route and got nowhere. THEN, the car began stalling: this is an automatic. After FOUR trips to an independent repair shop, they were able to narrow down the cause. It was a lease-return with low miles, so I was not expecting to encounter problems.

Can't be beat!
By bytrain on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Wonderful car. This was our 3rd Accord, and we have been very happy with it. The interior ergonomics are so much better than any American car on the market. It handles beautifully, and being a one-car family, it's reliability has given us lots of peace of mind. I highly recommend this car.

Accord EX V6 Coupe
By Gayblaze on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Car is a value, but Honda sure earns it back in costs for routine service! Two glitches that should not have happened - seat adjuster died (under warranty), cruise control light died (just after warranty). Latter cost nearly $200 to fix!

BEST VALUE
By Steve Ngo on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Honda Accord and I have 6 Hondas total. Since my 1991 Honda Accord, we have never seen the dealer for any repair jobs. Only for maintenance work. Hondas are great cars, and the Accord remains on my list every single year.

Best Sedan for the money
By mack1daddy on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Great car. Fast, quiet, reliable. Ergonomics are perfect.

Seems to be getting better
By lewiss7 on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

When new this car had abrupt downshifting. Now shifting is so smooth that you can't notice it.