Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Got more then i paid for
By Adrian Villanueva

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. You get more then you could ever pay for. The most reliable car I Have ever had. It does not sacrifice anything. Put it to you this way I will never buy anything but a honda

Favorite Features

Hmmm hard one how about everything.

Suggested Improvements

none

Nice but do your research
By ZippyZaZa

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I am a college student and up to this point the car has worked great for me. But transmission just started acting up and I am having it rebuilt right now, which will leave me practically destitute. Never expected this from a Honda, which is why I saved up to buy it in the first place. What a mistake! Honda America does not even respond to my letters or return my calls for assistance. Don't know why only '00-'01 models get extended powertrain warranty when it is the same transmission in '98- '99 models. Apparently I'll never know anyway since they won't even acknowledge me. This will certainly be my last Honda.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable, nice ride, nice factory stereo, also fairly zippy with 4 cyl. V-tech

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is very clunky and dangerous when it starts acting up, better customer service through Honda America

Severe Transmission Problems
By HondaBlows

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Transmission on this car is defective (same transmission used in 98-01 models). Apparently Honda doesn't care about 98-99 owners b/c the extended warranty on their junk transmissions only covers 00-01 models. People should know they are not standing by their product and causing far too many owners a great deal of hardship by forcing them to replace the faulty transmissions at their own expense. Do not buy this car thinking you are getting "legendary" Honda quality. That is BS. I guess I should at least thank them for converting me into a Toyota customer (even Chevy Cavalier is looking good compared to this thing).

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, ok handling when transmission is not endangering your life

Suggested Improvements

How about standing buy your junk products and doing the responsible thing by extending the warranty to all owners of your flawed transmissions. I hope you people who are constantly raving about Honda realize that they are intentionally dodging a critical design flaw. "Legendary" my a#$

disappointed
By aposak

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

A previous Accord owner, I am highly disappointed by this car. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and very nice. The styling is alright. The performance does not meet my expectations at all. I expected better than 20 mpg (my previous 4-cyl Accord averaged 31). The transmission is terrible! Previous owner had it replaced, but still doesn't shift well at all. This is my first Honda automatic, and my last for sure. I'll either go with a manual 4- cyl or look at a different brand.

Favorite Features

Legendary Honda reliability (even on the clunky tranny), powerful engine, steering wheel radio controls, dual action moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

better transmission, memory power seats, better tilt steering mechanism and telescoping steering wheel, higher quality radio, dash lights are burning out. If Honda wants to make a luxury- style car, they should go all the way.

Honda Accord 2dr EX V6 im lovin it
By loni

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

this has been a very reliable car, it has lots of power but great on gas

Favorite Features

powerfull and quit engine

Suggested Improvements

Seats are not that comfortable for long distance driving