1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Love this Honda
By LoveThisHonda on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

My first Honda, definately not my last! No comparison as far as quality and reliability from any other car. Comfortable, nice ride, very smooth and quiet. The V6 is AWESOME. Interior and exterior design is outstanding. I traded in my Lincoln for it (loooking for a bit smaller car) and thought I was stepping down in quality. The Honda is by FAR a better Car! Already thinking about getting a 2003, also. I Love this car and if your considering getting one, just do it!

what is with power lock solenoids ?
By honda99 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

It is a great car overall. However, as soon as the warranty expired on my Honda 99, the power lock solenoids started to go bad one by one. I thought it was just a sticky solenoid. But, now, I have all four solenoids that are inop. Has anyone else experienced this ? What is the estimated cost to replace these ?

Best car
By Nightridas on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I love this car it's very reliable

Transmission Failure
By Not on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my EXV6 new, and needed to replace the transmission at 42,000 miles after doing all maintenance recommended by the owners manual and more. Honda ate 75% of the $5700 cost after one month of bugging them. Honda extended the tranny warranty on 00-01 models, but neglected to do so with the 98-99 with the same transmission. Requests to Honda to explain any differences between 98-99 and 00-01 transmissions have gone unanswered. EGR valve replaced at 60,000 miles under extended warranty. Stereo replaced at 52,000 miles because of constant CD skipping. Ignition harnesses were recalled on many of these cars - be careful!

One of the best cars made
By jasmin on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and I have to tell you, it was my favourite. Everything about just made me swoon, from the sound of the engine to the comfort of the leather, to even the sunglass holder in the overhead. My parents loved it so much that when my lease was over, they bought it! The only problem I really had was that for a student, it wasn't very good on gas, and the maintenance was expensive from the dealership. Also, my heated seat malfunctioned once and almost burned my butt off! (well at least that was what it felt like) but no other problems. Honda fixed it immediately, and actually gave me coupons for 3 free maintainence checks.

Excellent Experience
By MrMayr on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I've had the car for 3+ years now, and it has been excellent. No repairs, rides like new, holding up very well.

Great car
By Anuj on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Hondas are truly great cars....

Honda Accord LX 1999
By DeepBlu on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Car is comfortable. Got a good price. Handles very well. Good in snow. Excellent 4 cyl. engine. Never a problem with it. Although 10 more hp would be great.

Great Car
By Tim Martin on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive...good balance between power and weight

Better than I thought!
By chorobe on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I never thought I would find myself in an Accord because there were so many of them on the road already and I did not want to be like everybody else. But when I test drove this car, I understood why it was so popular. And for $13,000 for a used one with 38000 miles, it was perfect. The car is quiet, comfortable, and has plenty of power coming from the 200HP Vtec engine. And I definitely like the exterior styling on this generation compared to the new 2003 models.