Used 1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord- Good Buy
By Dene

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Good engine power: "a lot of get up & go"; classy interior; excellent gas mileage; nice size for traveling (room enough for 5 to travel); there have been a couple recalls i.e. driver seat adjusters; passenger side door lock has been occasionally not working with the power locks (must lock/unlock it manually); well-built car, the body of the car held up well in a fairly bad wreck; overall, I love the car and have very few complaints= excellent buy!

Favorite Features

The interior is very elegant and well loaded- sunroof, power adjustments, plenty of cupholders, woodgrain & leather. Engine is well made. It has a lot of power! Easy maintenance & keep up. Wonderful to travel in.

Suggested Improvements

As I said, there have been a few issues with the power locks and power adjustments. I think some of that could be fine tuned. Other than that I am quite pleased/

excellent
By So Cal accord

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

this car is magnificent. it is fun to drive and it is quick. there are no signs of bad craftsmanship in a honda. this car easily shows how well hondas can be.

Favorite Features

200hp, leather seats, design, light- weight

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

Great but too large
By Ysette

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used after my grandfather died. I would have never chosen a car this large, but in whole I am quite pleased with it. It is very well- built. Everything is solid and it rides well. It gives the driven a firm feel for the road which is important. The leather seats, while too large for me, are well-supporting and easily adjustable. The five-speed transmission shifts smoothly and offers a lot of fun acceleration. The air conditioning works well and doesn't draw too much power from the engine. The fuel economy, while not that of a Civic, is very respectible (~30 mi/gal for my driving). The especially enjoy the sunroof which is automatic.

Favorite Features

Sunroof! Automatic everything (except transmission, of course).

Suggested Improvements

Make the car smaller!! Otherwise, everything is great. I would love to see a car with all the luxury features of the Accord in the size of a Civic.

LovesHerAccord
By LovesHerAccord

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Accord LX in March with 81k miles. In 7 months, I have added 14k to that and don't regret it one bit. Its been more than reliable. This is my second Honda and I'm sure to have a third. Other than changing the oil and gassing it up, there's nothing else that needs to be done. I wish I could have happened on the EX model when I found this one, just for extra bells and whistles, but I'm happy with what I've got. The gas mileage is awesome, too. I did a lot of traveling shortly after purchasing it and it was affordable. Everything has been affordable and they've got great resale value. The dealer trade-in value is more now than I paid for mine back in March! I love my honda!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, lots of room for a car (I came from the SUV world), Steering wheel controls for cruise, informative preventatives (check engine light, maintenance light, low fuel light, etc.), No blind spots for me like a lot of cars have, too much to list...

Suggested Improvements

Sounds like others have had problems with their power window motors, too - one of mine is out, but its not the driver's side so I haven't worried about it. That could be improved. Everything else is great!

Honda Magic
By AtlantaGuy

1999 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is the best car ever. We love it and people always comment on it. It's a head turner and fun to drive. This is the 7th Honda we've bought in our car buying career. We just bought an '88 Civic (#8) with 260,000 miles with no fear for our college son. My '90 Accord has more than 300,000 miles and is still running strong. We LOVE Hondas!

Favorite Features

I love the fact that it is mechanically strong and when I do maintainance, it is extremely affordable.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger seat could be a schooch more comfortable, but it's a tiny complaint.