Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Severe Transmission Problems
By HondaBlows

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Transmission on this car is defective (same transmission used in 98-01 models). Apparently Honda doesn't care about 98-99 owners b/c the extended warranty on their junk transmissions only covers 00-01 models. People should know they are not standing by their product and causing far too many owners a great deal of hardship by forcing them to replace the faulty transmissions at their own expense. Do not buy this car thinking you are getting "legendary" Honda quality. That is BS. I guess I should at least thank them for converting me into a Toyota customer (even Chevy Cavalier is looking good compared to this thing).

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, ok handling when transmission is not endangering your life

Suggested Improvements

How about standing buy your junk products and doing the responsible thing by extending the warranty to all owners of your flawed transmissions. I hope you people who are constantly raving about Honda realize that they are intentionally dodging a critical design flaw. "Legendary" my a#$

disappointed
By aposak

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

A previous Accord owner, I am highly disappointed by this car. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and very nice. The styling is alright. The performance does not meet my expectations at all. I expected better than 20 mpg (my previous 4-cyl Accord averaged 31). The transmission is terrible! Previous owner had it replaced, but still doesn't shift well at all. This is my first Honda automatic, and my last for sure. I'll either go with a manual 4- cyl or look at a different brand.

Favorite Features

Legendary Honda reliability (even on the clunky tranny), powerful engine, steering wheel radio controls, dual action moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

better transmission, memory power seats, better tilt steering mechanism and telescoping steering wheel, higher quality radio, dash lights are burning out. If Honda wants to make a luxury- style car, they should go all the way.

Love My Honda
By mommiemae

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This care has been zero maintenance (except for routine maintenance which I have performed according to schedule.) It has certainly turned me into a Honda owner.

Favorite Features

Good highway handling and comfort. V-Tec engine has plenty of power for long road trips.

Hondas Forever
By DR

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle when it was 2 years old, with 30,000 miles on it. Right now, we have 60+k miles on it and not a single problem with it. I begin to wonder if the extended warranty (7yr/100kmiles) was a waste of money? We had German cars but this one is by far more luxurious for the price. Also I feel safer driving Honda than VW or BMW.

Favorite Features

Everything inside, Engine

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage (around 20 mpg in city), Jerkey transmission, especially around 55 mph uphill (dealer said it is some kind of torque thing that is normal for honda?!), it is not handling well in snowy conditions.

Good choice for the money
By notsoslimshady

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been very reliable. We've put on a lot of miles, and not only is it great on gas, but other than basic oil changes, nothing has been replaced on it or has been broken....65k and still going strong

Favorite Features

Sporty 4 cyl engine, not sluggish at all

Suggested Improvements

none