Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord- Good Buy
By Dene

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Good engine power: "a lot of get up & go"; classy interior; excellent gas mileage; nice size for traveling (room enough for 5 to travel); there have been a couple recalls i.e. driver seat adjusters; passenger side door lock has been occasionally not working with the power locks (must lock/unlock it manually); well-built car, the body of the car held up well in a fairly bad wreck; overall, I love the car and have very few complaints= excellent buy!

The interior is very elegant and well loaded- sunroof, power adjustments, plenty of cupholders, woodgrain & leather. Engine is well made. It has a lot of power! Easy maintenance & keep up. Wonderful to travel in.

As I said, there have been a few issues with the power locks and power adjustments. I think some of that could be fine tuned. Other than that I am quite pleased/

Great but too large
By Ysette

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used after my grandfather died. I would have never chosen a car this large, but in whole I am quite pleased with it. It is very well- built. Everything is solid and it rides well. It gives the driven a firm feel for the road which is important. The leather seats, while too large for me, are well-supporting and easily adjustable. The five-speed transmission shifts smoothly and offers a lot of fun acceleration. The air conditioning works well and doesn't draw too much power from the engine. The fuel economy, while not that of a Civic, is very respectible (~30 mi/gal for my driving). The especially enjoy the sunroof which is automatic.

Sunroof! Automatic everything (except transmission, of course).

Make the car smaller!! Otherwise, everything is great. I would love to see a car with all the luxury features of the Accord in the size of a Civic.

LovesHerAccord
By LovesHerAccord

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Accord LX in March with 81k miles. In 7 months, I have added 14k to that and don't regret it one bit. Its been more than reliable. This is my second Honda and I'm sure to have a third. Other than changing the oil and gassing it up, there's nothing else that needs to be done. I wish I could have happened on the EX model when I found this one, just for extra bells and whistles, but I'm happy with what I've got. The gas mileage is awesome, too. I did a lot of traveling shortly after purchasing it and it was affordable. Everything has been affordable and they've got great resale value. The dealer trade-in value is more now than I paid for mine back in March! I love my honda!

Comfortable seats, lots of room for a car (I came from the SUV world), Steering wheel controls for cruise, informative preventatives (check engine light, maintenance light, low fuel light, etc.), No blind spots for me like a lot of cars have, too much to list...

Sounds like others have had problems with their power window motors, too - one of mine is out, but its not the driver's side so I haven't worried about it. That could be improved. Everything else is great!

Got more then i paid for
By Adrian Villanueva

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. You get more then you could ever pay for. The most reliable car I Have ever had. It does not sacrifice anything. Put it to you this way I will never buy anything but a honda

Hmmm hard one how about everything.

none

Nice but do your research
By ZippyZaZa

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I am a college student and up to this point the car has worked great for me. But transmission just started acting up and I am having it rebuilt right now, which will leave me practically destitute. Never expected this from a Honda, which is why I saved up to buy it in the first place. What a mistake! Honda America does not even respond to my letters or return my calls for assistance. Don't know why only '00-'01 models get extended powertrain warranty when it is the same transmission in '98- '99 models. Apparently I'll never know anyway since they won't even acknowledge me. This will certainly be my last Honda.

Very comfortable, nice ride, nice factory stereo, also fairly zippy with 4 cyl. V-tech

Transmission is very clunky and dangerous when it starts acting up, better customer service through Honda America