Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord Sedan

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

What a blessing !!!
By Gary King

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We are the original owners of this car. Our Accord has over 180,000 miles on it. I have changed the oil every 5000 miles and done all other normal maintenance myself. We took it into the dealership to have the timing belt replaced as spec. by Honda. Other than that this car has never needed anything but gas and someone in the drivers seat. This has been the most amazing vehicle. I agree with one of the other reviewers when they said "they got more than they paid for." Honda has made a believer out of me.

It just keeps going.

None.

Honda Accord- Good Buy
By Dene

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Good engine power: "a lot of get up & go"; classy interior; excellent gas mileage; nice size for traveling (room enough for 5 to travel); there have been a couple recalls i.e. driver seat adjusters; passenger side door lock has been occasionally not working with the power locks (must lock/unlock it manually); well-built car, the body of the car held up well in a fairly bad wreck; overall, I love the car and have very few complaints= excellent buy!

The interior is very elegant and well loaded- sunroof, power adjustments, plenty of cupholders, woodgrain & leather. Engine is well made. It has a lot of power! Easy maintenance & keep up. Wonderful to travel in.

As I said, there have been a few issues with the power locks and power adjustments. I think some of that could be fine tuned. Other than that I am quite pleased/

Great but too large
By Ysette

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used after my grandfather died. I would have never chosen a car this large, but in whole I am quite pleased with it. It is very well- built. Everything is solid and it rides well. It gives the driven a firm feel for the road which is important. The leather seats, while too large for me, are well-supporting and easily adjustable. The five-speed transmission shifts smoothly and offers a lot of fun acceleration. The air conditioning works well and doesn't draw too much power from the engine. The fuel economy, while not that of a Civic, is very respectible (~30 mi/gal for my driving). The especially enjoy the sunroof which is automatic.

Sunroof! Automatic everything (except transmission, of course).

Make the car smaller!! Otherwise, everything is great. I would love to see a car with all the luxury features of the Accord in the size of a Civic.

LovesHerAccord
By LovesHerAccord

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 99 Accord LX in March with
81k miles. In 7 months, I have added 14k
to that and don't regret it one bit. Its
been more than reliable. This is my
second Honda and I'm sure to have a
third. Other than changing the oil and
gassing it up, there's nothing else that
needs to be done. I wish I could have
happened on the EX model when I found
this one, just for extra bells and
whistles, but I'm happy with what I've
got. The gas mileage is awesome, too. I
did a lot of traveling shortly after
purchasing it and it was affordable.
Everything has been affordable and
they've got great resale value. The
dealer trade-in value is more now than I
paid for mine back in March! I love my
honda!

Comfortable seats, lots of room for a car (I came from the SUV world), Steering wheel controls for cruise, informative preventatives (check engine light, maintenance light, low fuel light, etc.), No blind spots for me like a lot of cars have, too much to list...

Sounds like others have had problems with their power window motors, too - one of mine is out, but its not the driver's side so I haven't worried about it. That could be improved. Everything else is great!

Got more then i paid for
By Adrian Villanueva

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Awesome car. You get more then you
could ever pay for. The most reliable
car I Have ever had. It does not
sacrifice anything. Put it to you this
way I will never buy anything but a honda

Hmmm hard one how about everything.

none