1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Honda Accord LX 1999
By DeepBlu on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Car is comfortable. Got a good price. Handles very well. Good in snow. Excellent 4 cyl. engine. Never a problem with it. Although 10 more hp would be great.

Better than I thought!
By chorobe on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I never thought I would find myself in an Accord because there were so many of them on the road already and I did not want to be like everybody else. But when I test drove this car, I understood why it was so popular. And for $13,000 for a used one with 38000 miles, it was perfect. The car is quiet, comfortable, and has plenty of power coming from the 200HP Vtec engine. And I definitely like the exterior styling on this generation compared to the new 2003 models.

Great Car
By Cflajohn on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I own Honda Accords until I run them up to 150k miles then trade.( 3 ) The EX v-6 is the best...no maintainance problems, great ride, quick, I can fold down the back seat and stick a 10' surfboard inside the car!! I am 6'3" 220# and I have plenty of room with the auto adjust driver's seat

60,000 miles and not even broken in yet
By razingkane on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 99 Accord EX 4cyl new so I figure now is a good time to write a review. The car has been exactly what I expected it to be. Itís been extremely reliable, great gas mileage, very good ergonomics, and fun to drive. The car has not seen the inside of a repair shop expect for routine maintenance and the one recall. The ergonomics is great as is the fit and finish and the type of materials used. To keep the cost down Honda choose not to illuminate the locks, power windows and the secondary controls on the steering wheel when the lights are on at night. The pedals are perfect for me and I really appreciate the large dead pedal.

This is a truly wonderful car
By Katrina Kesler on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've owned, I will continue to only buy Honda in the future.

great buy
By islander on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

excellent quality,and very dependable.would highly recommend to anyone looking for great value for what you pay.my car looks good rides good and is comfortable. i know i drove it from coast to coast. also it holds its value very well. the next car i buy will be a honda.

NO B.S
By TRE on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

THE ACCORD HAS ALL OF WHAT YOU NEED AND NONE OF WHAT YOU DONT.

All that I had hoped
By Franklin on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Car has good acceleration with smoth handling. Interior is very comfortable. No maintenance problems in 3 years+

Reliability Nope!!!
By Pepper81 on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I decided to cut down on the mileage of my Mercedes which had 240K miles and get a reliable yet economical car. Honda was recommended. The check engine light came on at 50K miles. It was a faulty EGR valve. Honda sent me a service notice that the design in the EGR valves were faulty and that for 7 years or 80K miles if the check engine light came on and it was determined to be the EGR valve, that it would be replaced. At 70K miles the EGR valve replaced again. Next the trans started slipping and acting erractic. A $630 repair job and a bandage fix. Recommendation a replacement trans for $4600. Now hub bearing, a gasket causing antifreeze leak have appeared.

This car is why I came back to honda
By rainstorm on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My first car was a '91 honda civic sedan. I thought the car was ok, until I leased a '98 toyota corolla. I did not like the way it handled and even though it had all the power options and sun-roof, I would have gladly traded back to my old civic. after a while I got used to the corolla, but when the lease was up I went straight back to Honda. I purchased a '99 Accord. It was like sitting in my favorite chair again. I love it. The power, the speed, the room, the trunk space, the compliments that I get when I get my oil changed (they think I do my own work on it too...I never open the hood)