1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
My First Car
By sblennis1 on 02/07/12 16:13 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, given to me by my step dad. I got it with about 180,000 miles on it. I drove it up until about 200,000. The transmission started acting up but we didnt think it was a big deal. Turned out the torque converter went bad and ruined the solenoids. Other than that issue, i had no other problems whatsoever. The car has been in an accident and all that happened was a bent hood and a scratched headlight cover. This car could take just about anything and i loved it. It was extremely comfortable to drive and had pretty good gas mileage. The motor ran strong and still does.

99 Accord LX V6
By Krishna Prasad on 09/30/08 14:48 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord in 99. I have clocked 113K so far. While the car has generally been low maintenance, the transmission had to be replaced at 102K. After reading the comments, looks like transmission has been a problem on 99-03 edition. And now the rack and pinion assembly needs to be replaced. Has anybody faced this problem? Brake rotors and power steering pump were replaced too. I guess after 100K, there is no escaping from frequent maintenance expenses. But the engine and performance is still impressive. I do 60 miles round trip daily and the drive is very comfortable with the V6 notwithstanding the $4 gas. I hope to get it to at least 125K without much expense

1999 Accord EX
By Topgun on 06/28/05 04:24 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Love the styling of the two door EX coupe but will never buy a two door again. Getting into the back seat is a chore. Transmission started acting up at 120k at that point the car was traded. Brakes on this car are total junk. The rotors warp which leads to vibration under braking. Interior quality is marginal. Overall, I enjoy driving the car and have never regretted getting the 4-cylinder engine.

1999 Honda Sedan LX V6 4DR
By clnickson on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I chose the car for the smooth transition between gears then for the quality, power and great looks of the interior and the exterior.

accord reliabile but borring
By contrisor on 03/03/02 11:52 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

this car will always start and be there when you need it. But the stlying has stayed the same for some years now, and its getting dull very fast.