Used 1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Its a tank
By joe5hunter

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car its a tank it has taken abuse that any normal car would have crapped out and given up lol. I got this from my older brother who got it from my dad we have put 160,000 miles on this car and it runs!!!!! and runs good this thing could tell one hell of a story... I would recommend this car to anyone i love my honda it has never broken down or crapped out on me gas milage is great has original motor and trans we kept up on oil changes fluid changes and have had no problems normal wear and tear stuff but nothing major was replaced.

It wont quit lol it will be passed down to my sister next.

Ignition, catalytic converter

just keeps on going flawlessly
By mthurl

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99, and have had very very little problems with it since. It now has 212k miles and still drives pretty close to new. I live in New England and this car has gone through some of the worst winters you could imagine...ice, snow, road salt, pot holes, sub zero temperatures. It still has the origanal engine, tranny, struts, starter, alternator, exhaust and steering components. I believe if I had lived in the south I would not of had to replace much of anything at all (rust has had me replace the brake lines and fuel tank). Aside from that, the only repairs made were; a ball joint, tie rod, evap solenoid and vtec solenoid. Not bad for 12 years and a total of $200.00

My First Car "Love It"
By Kyle

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my Honda. Its my first car. i bought it used in 2008 and i haven't had any problems with it what so ever. The only thing wrong with it right now is the A/C but that's not really a big deal it just has to be recharged.other than that its been a great car for me and i wouldn't think twice of buying a brand new one.

Smooth Handling, color, styling, comfort, Stereo

The hubcaps paint job isn't very good.And the rear view mirrors not painted well either. But it's plastic so that's probably why the paint doesn't stay on there very well.

Best car
By Donna

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord LX has been one of if not the best car I've ever owned for it's reliability, handling (I love) and comfort.

color, leather, interior, smooth handling.

longer lasting transmission and better gas mileage.

Great vehicle with few problems
By Dan

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord since the fall of 1999 and it has performed admirably over the years. 178000 miles and only a starter and alternator for replacements with regular tuneups. Still gets 30 MPG and the ride quality is great for a car of its time period. Really could use ABS living in Minnesota winters, but you can do without if you're a confident driver.

The styling of this car has made it stand the test of time.