1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Its a tank
By joe5hunter on 05/05/11 08:55 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car its a tank it has taken abuse that any normal car would have crapped out and given up lol. I got this from my older brother who got it from my dad we have put 160,000 miles on this car and it runs!!!!! and runs good this thing could tell one hell of a story... I would recommend this car to anyone i love my honda it has never broken down or crapped out on me gas milage is great has original motor and trans we kept up on oil changes fluid changes and have had no problems normal wear and tear stuff but nothing major was replaced.

just keeps on going flawlessly
By mthurl on 01/23/11 07:47 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99, and have had very very little problems with it since. It now has 212k miles and still drives pretty close to new. I live in New England and this car has gone through some of the worst winters you could imagine...ice, snow, road salt, pot holes, sub zero temperatures. It still has the origanal engine, tranny, struts, starter, alternator, exhaust and steering components. I believe if I had lived in the south I would not of had to replace much of anything at all (rust has had me replace the brake lines and fuel tank). Aside from that, the only repairs made were; a ball joint, tie rod, evap solenoid and vtec solenoid. Not bad for 12 years and a total of $200.00

My First Car "Love It"
By Kyle on 05/30/10 06:12 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love my Honda. Its my first car. i bought it used in 2008 and i haven't had any problems with it what so ever. The only thing wrong with it right now is the A/C but that's not really a big deal it just has to be recharged.other than that its been a great car for me and i wouldn't think twice of buying a brand new one.

Best car
By Donna on 03/26/10 14:33 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord LX has been one of if not the best car I've ever owned for it's reliability, handling (I love) and comfort.

Great vehicle with few problems
By Dan on 12/26/09 00:39 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've had my Accord since the fall of 1999 and it has performed admirably over the years. 178000 miles and only a starter and alternator for replacements with regular tuneups. Still gets 30 MPG and the ride quality is great for a car of its time period. Really could use ABS living in Minnesota winters, but you can do without if you're a confident driver.

Great for 8 years
By New Orleans on 08/20/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 15000 miles on it (basically new) - I have to say this was the best car purchase I made to this point - possibly because I had owned some lemons previously. Low maintenance, great highway performance. The V-tech engine is such a great feature - until the v-tech engine started having problems - and only a dealership could fix them. Started having tranny problems after the 8th year. I had it rebuilt and still had problems. Honda wanted between $3 & 4K to fix it - at the time it was only worth that much. Friend of mine is having tranny probs on her 2003 Accord so I am a little leery of them now. Am trading it for a Mazda 3 - we'll see how that goes.

Honda quality
By chuck on 08/15/09 04:57 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 1999 accord quality and reliability is so bad that I am convinced Honda is misleading the customers on their claim on reliability. Through this review, I would like to point out a flaw, either in the design or the manufacturing process, of the 1999 model year Honda Accord engine. The cylinder #3 valve melted out and blew a hole in it while driving on the highway. The mileage on the car was only about 105K. Honda dealers, and Honda H.Q. refused to honor any claims since the mileage is over 80K.

Beyond Reliability
By John on 03/11/09 19:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car in 2001 because my car died "literally" at the dealership. I am so glad I picked this car. It has been the best car I have ever owned. No problems. Change the oil, put gas in, & change the tires. That's all you need to do. I have never had any problems. It even takes the abuse of my wife's driving :).

Great Car!
By Dan on 02/17/09 15:59 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My parents purchased this vehicle new in August 1999, and it became mine in summer 2008, with 145K on the ticker. It now has 155K and has been dead reliable. Needed a clutch at 118K, ball joints and an ignition a year ago, and various wear items. Only non-wear items that have gone are the backlight for the clock, the left rear window switch in that door (still works from driver's door), and the green LED in the main cruise control switch. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat but will hold onto this one for a while, until I can afford a six-speed Acura TL in a few years.

Nothing is perfect-Great basic vehicle
By Beppie on 01/16/09 09:20 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have 175K on my 1999 Honda Accord. I am thinking of purchasing another car, but it would only be for fun. My car runs like a new car. I could drive to the moon and back with confidence. I did have to replace the transmission at 90K and the ball joints at 30K. However, Honda covered these expenses and were very apologetic to me. The dealer gave me a loaner car. Keep up the maintenance with an oil change every 3000 miles.

1 2 3 4 5 next »