Used 1999 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My First Car
By sblennis1

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, given to me by my step dad. I got it with about 180,000 miles on it. I drove it up until about 200,000. The transmission started acting up but we didnt think it was a big deal. Turned out the torque converter went bad and ruined the solenoids. Other than that issue, i had no other problems whatsoever. The car has been in an accident and all that happened was a bent hood and a scratched headlight cover. This car could take just about anything and i loved it. It was extremely comfortable to drive and had pretty good gas mileage. The motor ran strong and still does.

-power driver's seat -large trunk -reliable engine -comfortablity -interior space

-easier fix for dented rear fender -longer lasting cats

Been a great car
By usedlux

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 10 years and loved it. The transmission started to act up, so I am moving on.

Its a tank
By joe5hunter

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car its a tank it has taken abuse that any normal car would have crapped out and given up lol. I got this from my older brother who got it from my dad we have put 160,000 miles on this car and it runs!!!!! and runs good this thing could tell one hell of a story... I would recommend this car to anyone i love my honda it has never broken down or crapped out on me gas milage is great has original motor and trans we kept up on oil changes fluid changes and have had no problems normal wear and tear stuff but nothing major was replaced.

It wont quit lol it will be passed down to my sister next.

Ignition, catalytic converter

just keeps on going flawlessly
By mthurl

1999 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99, and have had very very little problems with it since. It now has 212k miles and still drives pretty close to new. I live in New England and this car has gone through some of the worst winters you could imagine...ice, snow, road salt, pot holes, sub zero temperatures. It still has the origanal engine, tranny, struts, starter, alternator, exhaust and steering components. I believe if I had lived in the south I would not of had to replace much of anything at all (rust has had me replace the brake lines and fuel tank). Aside from that, the only repairs made were; a ball joint, tie rod, evap solenoid and vtec solenoid. Not bad for 12 years and a total of $200.00

What a car!
By Harry

1999 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100 miles on it. It just turned 30,000 miles, since I take public transit to work and garage it the rest of the time. It is in showroom condition - not one door ding or dent on it! Absolutely mint in and out. My 5-year warranty came and went without me taking advantage of it, as I know i paid for it upfront. It drives like new. The only complaint I have is that the acceleration from a stop till about 50 mph is not that great. Then again, that may be the norm for a 4-cylinder car, though it is a V-Tec engine. I intend to drive it for a long time or give it to one of my kids.

Everything!

Acceleration from a dead stop to 50 mph leaves a lot to be desired.