Used 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Wish They Still Made Them Like This!
By momofboys3

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

In the summer of 2013, we purchased our '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe for our teenage sons primarily to drive. I drive it every chance I get. The fit and finish of this car is superb: Sunroof, leather upholstery, nice radio, leather wrapped steering wheel, upholstered door panels, very roomy backseat. The condition of the interior and exterior is unbelievable....almost like new. The car has 82,000 miles on it and drives like a sports car to a Mom used to driving minivans and stodgy sedans. We plan to replace the timing belt soon and keep up on the maintenance. Really hope to get another 82,000 miles on this, maybe more......

Favorite Features

Sunroof, detailed stitching on leather upholstery Color of the car, it looks black but in the bright sun has a metallic maroon sparkle to it Shape and style of the exterior.....very sporty

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing

What a great car!!
By Mike K.

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1999 Honda 2Dr EX V6 new in April 99. I have 110,000 miles on this car and I must say that it is an excellent vehicle. I drive it daily and find it very enjoyable to drive. It has great performance and reliability and it is very comfortable on long drives. My overall average mileage is 23.5 miles per gallon. Which hasn't changed much since I bought the car. I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Performance, build quality, reliability and comfort.

An Excellent Car if you don't Dog it
By John

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Bought this thing with around 45K miles on it in 2004 and drove it until some kid parked his Blazer in my trunk last week at 127K miles. Great car. Not the most fun car I've ever driven, but still not bad. No issues other than the cheap factory GM alternator had to be replaced at around 50K miles which I was expecting. No tranny issues. Driver's side leather seat started looking rough but not bad considering it was a 10 year old car. All in all no complaints other than the alternator and maybe a tighter, sportier suspension. Super reliable, what you can expect from a Honda.

Favorite Features

Seats are pretty comfortable. Plenty of leg room for me (6'2"). The 3.0 VTEC has plenty of juice without sacrificing gas mileage (got about 28 mpg on hwy). Reliable, probably could have gotten 200K miles out of it if it weren't for that stupid kid.

Picked the right "Honda"
By OVERBOOST

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe V6 in Apr 09 with 184,786 miles on it. The CarFax was downloaded on the website. Went to check it out. The engine was in great shape not "DOGGED" like most. Belts and chain replaced. No Tranny work done. But I can expect it to happen with this model. So I just go purchase a good warranty packet no big deal. This Honda is a great car. A drivers car not a "RACE CAR" Stop crying and face the facts. Normal maintenance, wear and tear. You cannot beat it.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable ride and I am a 6' 8in 242lbs guy. The mileage is great after you drop a K&N air filter in it. Love all the power options. And the "WOMEN" love a two door.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo system is terrible. Can you at least use quality speakers. A stiffer sway bar should be standard. And please put 17 inch tires standard on all Honda models - that will help sales big time.

Overall a good car
By Chris

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I wanted Honda reliability but was a little disappointed, overall a very good car though. Two guys I worked with have 98's (the year this version was redesigned), while they have a lot more miles, I used that as a gauge of problems I could expect. Alternator and battery failed at only 35K miles ($700) which I thought was pretty bad and it needed brakes prematurely soon after that, but that's been about it - almost 10 years old, needs new motor mount but no other repair issues. It's powerful, fairly quiet, agile, excellent handling and braking. Gas mileage drops al lot if you go 70+ MPH. The clear coat finish on the wheels is wearing a little prematurely being in FL most its life.

Favorite Features

Honda V6s purr like kittens, Sunroof, 6 way power seat, AC/Heat blower is excellent., and the AC is still going strong - mj. improvement over Detroit brands.

Suggested Improvements

Driver seat leather is wearing faster than it should; armrest and console should have been sturdier, and maybe a better alternator. Transmission while reliable should shift with more firmness, it's a little soft.