1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Wish They Still Made Them Like This!
By momofboys3 on 12/13/13 10:58 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

In the summer of 2013, we purchased our '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe for our teenage sons primarily to drive. I drive it every chance I get. The fit and finish of this car is superb: Sunroof, leather upholstery, nice radio, leather wrapped steering wheel, upholstered door panels, very roomy backseat. The condition of the interior and exterior is unbelievable....almost like new. The car has 82,000 miles on it and drives like a sports car to a Mom used to driving minivans and stodgy sedans. We plan to replace the timing belt soon and keep up on the maintenance. Really hope to get another 82,000 miles on this, maybe more......

What a great car!!
By Mike K. on 12/28/09 07:28 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 1999 Honda 2Dr EX V6 new in April 99. I have 110,000 miles on this car and I must say that it is an excellent vehicle. I drive it daily and find it very enjoyable to drive. It has great performance and reliability and it is very comfortable on long drives. My overall average mileage is 23.5 miles per gallon. Which hasn't changed much since I bought the car. I plan on keeping this car for a very long time. I highly recommend it.

An Excellent Car if you don't Dog it
By John on 12/11/09 08:29 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Bought this thing with around 45K miles on it in 2004 and drove it until some kid parked his Blazer in my trunk last week at 127K miles. Great car. Not the most fun car I've ever driven, but still not bad. No issues other than the cheap factory GM alternator had to be replaced at around 50K miles which I was expecting. No tranny issues. Driver's side leather seat started looking rough but not bad considering it was a 10 year old car. All in all no complaints other than the alternator and maybe a tighter, sportier suspension. Super reliable, what you can expect from a Honda.

Picked the right "Honda"
By OVERBOOST on 05/22/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 1999 Honda Accord EX Coupe V6 in Apr 09 with 184,786 miles on it. The CarFax was downloaded on the website. Went to check it out. The engine was in great shape not "DOGGED" like most. Belts and chain replaced. No Tranny work done. But I can expect it to happen with this model. So I just go purchase a good warranty packet no big deal. This Honda is a great car. A drivers car not a "RACE CAR" Stop crying and face the facts. Normal maintenance, wear and tear. You cannot beat it.

Overall a good car
By Chris on 04/12/09 10:03 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I wanted Honda reliability but was a little disappointed, overall a very good car though. Two guys I worked with have 98's (the year this version was redesigned), while they have a lot more miles, I used that as a gauge of problems I could expect. Alternator and battery failed at only 35K miles ($700) which I thought was pretty bad and it needed brakes prematurely soon after that, but that's been about it - almost 10 years old, needs new motor mount but no other repair issues. It's powerful, fairly quiet, agile, excellent handling and braking. Gas mileage drops al lot if you go 70+ MPH. The clear coat finish on the wheels is wearing a little prematurely being in FL most its life.

It's Alive!!!
By Dave S. on 12/17/08 18:24 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new nearly ten years ago. It's my third Honda and by far the one I've owned for the longest. This car is a rock! I have over 215,000 miles on it and it still runs fantastic. The body and interior are in great shape, very solid. I'm shooting for 300k miles before I consider buying a new one.

My '99 Accord V6 Coupe
By Tim on 05/13/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

My family has owned many Hondas, all of which have been very low maintaining vehicles, except for a big problem in my '99 transmission. The car used to be my moms. She had to replace the tranny at just below 100,000. Very disappointing coming from Honda, one of the most reliable manufacturers out there and way above German and American made cars. Now at almost 170,000 miles and up to that I've been noticing the transmission problems again, and just today it went totally out of gear, and then back in after I jabbed the gas a few times about three seconds later. Not been a fun experience driving in fear with this car... possible my driving habits don't help it either.

In my opinion - The best car ever built.
By Corey In ATL on 04/25/08 10:44 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I have had the car a total of 10 years this fall. I have had the brakes replaced 2 times since I bought the car, I've had the timing belt changed on its scheduled 125,000 mile maintenance, the alternator had to be replaced at 40,000 because of the faulty manufacturer (Honda did not warranty this part.). I have had a lot of worry free driving for many years. I am in the market for a new car but i will be keeping my Honda for as long as it has wheels. I drive this vehicle 500+ miles to Arkansas from Georgia every other month and have felt very confident that I will arrive safely in a car with over 150,000 miles and counting. I am very pleased with this car.

I Love Honda
By BabyGirl on 01/28/06 21:08 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

i bought my car in April of 2004 with 26,000 miles on it and it is still running strong with 46,000 miles on it. had no major problems yet. i love the 200 hp and sleek design but and i love the Huge trunk you can put anything in there!! all in all it is a perfect car AND I WILL ALWAYS BUY A HONDA

Honda Accord 2dr EX V6 im lovin it
By loni on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

this has been a very reliable car, it has lots of power but great on gas