1999 Honda Accord 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

LX Coupe (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Still purring!
By Robert on 01/03/08 19:43 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Well, now what a surprise the ole-girl has 150k on her and looks and drives like new. Do what the maintenace schedule says use only Honda parts! This car has been a delight to me and my wife now for eight years! No mechanical failures only one slightly costly driver side door mechanism hickup. A little pin broke and locked the door permanently. It was real interesting taking the door panel off and cutting the locking mechanism out with a dremel. Total fluke nobodies fault. 32 gpm highway which is most of our driving. Pushes snow with quality snow tires. Love stick shift, changed out the cloth for leather heated for $1400, would do it again. Going to drive her till she dies!

Accord Coupe
By nselvera on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

It's been a great car to have, it rides smooth and feels very well built. It's a great car for the younger crown like myself, there are tons of ways to customize the car any way you want. I threw on a set of 17 inch wheels with low profile tires and it makes it look even more aggressive. overall it's been a great car to own, easy maintenance, nice quality, and great style makes this car a winner.

Couldn't have done better
By Florida Hockey Fan on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

For anyone looking for a sporty, stylish, comfortable, affordable, reliable car, this is the one for you. It's got it all. After driving the 4- dr. Accords I came upon the coupe and was hooked. This car is in immaculate shape, the engine purrs like a kitten, and has been a joy to drive. Hugs the road, feels like it's got some weight behind it without feeling sluggish. My friends and family keep going back to Honda and now I understand why.

Honda accord ex coupe
By JKirk on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

This is a great vehicle. I feel in love with the LX but could only afford the Ex version. I have not been disappointed. I have had no problems other than: -a seatbelt attachment replacement - a brake sensor needing adjustment - door locks going out Most of these things were covered by warranty. Although I do not have the V6, I still like how this car performs, rides, and looks. After four years, I am still very happy with it and plan to hold onto it for quite a while. It's nice to know that Honda's really hold their value in case I do decide to trade in.

Surprised by Honda
By 3rdHondacar on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

I loved the look of this car when it first appeared back in 1998. I finally bought a pre-owned Accord, a 1999 model, this last year in 2001. I've gotta say, the car looks great in and out (I get compliments often from friends), BUT I've never owned a car with so many rattles. The dash, glove box, and back shelf rattle to no end-- I've attempted the dealer repair route and got nowhere. THEN, the car began stalling: this is an automatic. After FOUR trips to an independent repair shop, they were able to narrow down the cause. It was a lease-return with low miles, so I was not expecting to encounter problems.