1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Been a great car
By usedlux on 02/04/12 10:41 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 10 years and loved it. The transmission started to act up, so I am moving on.

Don't Believe the Hype!
By AJ Foster on 05/29/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2nd accord over 3 years ago with 90k miles on it. My first '92 accord had nearly 200k and the only problem was w/ the cruise control and a rough transmission. My '99 has a faulty transmission that's slipping as well, the lights in my dash dim periodically, cruise control doesn't work AT ALL, the auto locks in my rear doors are now manual, I need new ball joints, i had to purchase an extended warranty for my battery b/c it continuously dies. I must admit that as I am approaching 175k, that car still starts without a glitch, but the "quality" that Honda is expected to have mastered is only hype. This is the 4th Honda my family has had, and the 4th one with transmission issues.

Keep shopping
By Cynthia on 11/02/05 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 Honda Accord EX V6 Engine, three months ago. When I bought the car it had 64,000 miles. Less than 2 months later the transmission went on me...what a headache when you are 200 miles from home. There has also been several recalls on the vehicles ignition switch. Even after having the ignition completely replaced, my key would get stuck in the ignition...another headache. I brought it back to the dealership 4x for the same problem. Finally, or so I hope, they have pin-pointed that when the tranny was replaced, the gear shifter was not aligned properly (???) which caused the key to get stuck. Let's see what happens. In any event, I am frustrated with all the problems I have.

Reliable Car
By gyori on 09/20/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I was looking to buy a reliable car. I did my research and the Accord seemed like a good bet. I was right. So far, the only problem I've had is the alternator went bad. I change the oil every 3K miles and the car performs well. The leather interior is very comfortable. The auto temp air conditioner is great and very cold. Unlike, most cars I've had, this car hasn't had the "little" problems (interior falling apart) that come with time. Everything is where it's supposed to be. The handling could be better, but it is a family sedan after all. Overall, I'm very happy with the car.

disappointed
By aposak on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

A previous Accord owner, I am highly disappointed by this car. The interior is thoughtfully laid out and very nice. The styling is alright. The performance does not meet my expectations at all. I expected better than 20 mpg (my previous 4-cyl Accord averaged 31). The transmission is terrible! Previous owner had it replaced, but still doesn't shift well at all. This is my first Honda automatic, and my last for sure. I'll either go with a manual 4- cyl or look at a different brand.

Love My Honda
By mommiemae on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This care has been zero maintenance (except for routine maintenance which I have performed according to schedule.) It has certainly turned me into a Honda owner.

Hondas Forever
By DR on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

We purchased this vehicle when it was 2 years old, with 30,000 miles on it. Right now, we have 60+k miles on it and not a single problem with it. I begin to wonder if the extended warranty (7yr/100kmiles) was a waste of money? We had German cars but this one is by far more luxurious for the price. Also I feel safer driving Honda than VW or BMW.

Keeps on tickin'!
By Randman on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Celebrating my 5 year anniversary with my Accord and for the most part have been extremely happy. The car is incredibly reliable. Other than a new set of brakes and tires, all I've had to do is change the oil and filter. It is fun to drive, easy to maintain and holds four adults comfortably. The interior, in particular, has held up very well, no cracking leather seats like my previous Acura Legend.

Transmission FAILS Honda VERY aware
By scs on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

After 59,000 miles and every scheduled maintenance done,my car is labeled "unsafe to drive" by Honda dealer! Admits that 2000 and 2001 have a problem and after much chat "some" 1999! I know 4 people just in my town with the exact same problem! NEW transmission needed after less than 60,000 miles! My engine light didn't come on until 2 miles before the transmission was deemed unsafe...what if I had been on a highway going 55? DANGEROUS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough to beat
By mdwitty on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5 years with no problems. Compared to a camry, it runs a little loud, but it looks a lot better!!