1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
What a car!
By Harry on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100 miles on it. It just turned 30,000 miles, since I take public transit to work and garage it the rest of the time. It is in showroom condition - not one door ding or dent on it! Absolutely mint in and out. My 5-year warranty came and went without me taking advantage of it, as I know i paid for it upfront. It drives like new. The only complaint I have is that the acceleration from a stop till about 50 mph is not that great. Then again, that may be the norm for a 4-cylinder car, though it is a V-Tec engine. I intend to drive it for a long time or give it to one of my kids.

My Second Honda and it want be my last
By Molove1009 on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

While I have this 1999 Honda accord today because my 94 Honda Accord was damaged pretty bad in a wreak. So far I love the car, I brought it for 2,800 as is. It didn't need any under the hood work just a paint job and a new hood.I was blessed. I drive back in forth from home to school in another city. My gas lasted forever, 20 dollars lasted me 6 days straight. But my shifter has been getting stuck in park and I have to pull it hard to shift to another gear but that is fine, no biggie got fixed. I love hondas and toyotas and I want changed to an American made car for nothing, because they only look good, but they don't last long at all compared to hondas and toyotas. Just do your research.LOL

Honda
By logan.baranowski on 06/30/10 00:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is my first car ever! I love it. Has some transmission problems but it still drives, so no problems. It is 12 years old and I drove it 80 mph on the freeway and she got 33 mpg and that was with my bike rack. Bought from my dad's coworker. Got a great deal $5000 and it is still worth $4000 after two years. I recommend this to all.

246,000 miles and still strong
By hunter252 on 01/10/10 07:55 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car brand new with only 52 miles. The car has given us great service with just normal maintenance. The car is very reliable, and still drives almost 100 miles a day. The motor and transmission is still all original with no problems other than a stalling problem it just started having which looks to be just a cleaning of the throttle body,and idle control valve issue. I would recommend one of these cars to anybody, and plan to buy another one when this finally gives up. I think the odometer speaks for itself.

185K and still going
By Meyer on 03/08/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Best build quality of any vehicle hands down. Change the oil every 5k and no problems. 1 timing belt at 100K, and new ac compressor. Just keeps going and going.

1999 Honda Accord
By Bob Kilmon on 08/03/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've driven this car for 8 years now, and I'm gonna trade in for a Lexus. Overall, I think this is a pretty reliable car except for the fact that most Accords I've see have a transmission problem. However, the design is really nice, and fuel economy is great, but I would recommend researching Honda's transmission problems (98-03) before buying this car. We've had our transmission fixed twice, which cost 7k, so we decided to trade in.

1999 Honda Accord EX- Do not buy
By Paul on 04/05/08 14:11 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I recently purchased a 1999 Honda Accord EX under the belief that Hondas were reliable. The car has 83K miles and the transmission slips and oil is leaking into the coolant. I will probably have to replace the engine and transmission. I have contacted Honda who are unwilling to help out. This is my third and last Honda. I mention this issue to others so they do not go through a similar experience.

A Cracked Engine Head at 107,000 Miles!
By Linda on 03/26/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I absolutely love(d) my Accord EX 4 dr. sedan.It was the funnest car I ever drove! It cornered great,it was peppy, reliable. I had the recommended timing belt maintenance done at 105,000 miles, also an oxygen sensor blew then too. Spent $1,000 on that preventive maintenance, only to have my engine head crack at 107,000 miles! I had no warning, no difference driving, but oil and antifreeze were mixing and the liquid looked like mud!! The pressure blew and popped a radiator hose just 4 months later. Cracked engine &I need a used engine put in for $2750, NOT! Needless to say, I am very disappointed and plan to write Honda to demand an answer as to why this would happen on their #1 product-cars

Unbeatable reliability
By amchev on 06/26/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in January of 1999. In that time I've only done scheduled maintenance except for replacing the battery. 100% reliable transportation, everything works just like it did the day I drove it off the lot. It's not the most powerful or sporty car on the road and the newer models get better fuel economy but Honda has proven to me that they build reliable vehicles.

Awesome Car
By Dan on 07/18/06 04:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I've put 3000 miles on my 99 Accord ex 5 speed. I've filled it up probably 5 times. Get's great gas mileage. I usually take first gear all the way to 6K RPM, and I still get around 25 MPG in the city. If your planning on buying an Accord, go with the 5 speed manual. A manual is so much more fun to drive. Car is pretty quick off the line too for a 4 cylinder. The only problem I'm having right now is the timing belt. I hear a constant ticking in my engine. No major problems though. Trunk is the biggest I've ever seen. This car was def worth the MSRP of $23000 back in 99. Hondas last forever