Used 1999 Honda Accord EX Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

My '99 Accord EX - The car that won't quit!
By Tom C

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '99 Accord EX sedan 3 years ago for a second car. It had about 140k miles on it, and I figured I would keep it a couple of years to get me through a new job, etc. Well it now has 192k miles on it and runs and drives as good as the day I took it home! I have had the timing belt replaced, and installed new front struts. Other than that it has been simple oil changes and no worries. What a great car! It handles and rides beautifully, is comfortable and great on gas too. For the small amount I paid for my Accord I feel like I stole it. I don't even have the desire to get a newer car - that is how much I love my Accord!

What a car!
By Harry

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100 miles on it. It just turned 30,000 miles, since I take public transit to work and garage it the rest of the time. It is in showroom condition - not one door ding or dent on it! Absolutely mint in and out. My 5-year warranty came and went without me taking advantage of it, as I know i paid for it upfront. It drives like new. The only complaint I have is that the acceleration from a stop till about 50 mph is not that great. Then again, that may be the norm for a 4-cylinder car, though it is a V-Tec engine. I intend to drive it for a long time or give it to one of my kids.

Everything!

Acceleration from a dead stop to 50 mph leaves a lot to be desired.

My Second Honda and it want be my last
By Molove1009

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

While I have this 1999 Honda accord today because my 94 Honda Accord was damaged pretty bad in a wreak. So far I love the car, I brought it for 2,800 as is. It didn't need any under the hood work just a paint job and a new hood.I was blessed. I drive back in forth from home to school in another city. My gas lasted forever, 20 dollars lasted me 6 days straight. But my shifter has been getting stuck in park and I have to pull it hard to shift to another gear but that is fine, no biggie got fixed. I love hondas and toyotas and I want changed to an American made car for nothing, because they only look good, but they don't last long at all compared to hondas and toyotas. Just do your research.LOL

leather interior,handling,MPG,body build,v-tec motor(so much power), and the electric seat adjusters. I also love the sunroof and spoiler. My heat and A/C work wonderfully. My honda is so spacious.

The noise it makes while I am stopped, I think the transmission fluid just needs to be drained and replace with new fluid. Everything else is perfect.

Honda
By logan.baranowski

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is my first car ever! I love it. Has some transmission problems but it still drives, so no problems. It is 12 years old and I drove it 80 mph on the freeway and she got 33 mpg and that was with my bike rack. Bought from my dad's coworker. Got a great deal $5000 and it is still worth $4000 after two years. I recommend this to all.

V-Tec, even thought it is a 4 Cyl engine, you'd never know

Better noise reduction in car cabin

246,000 miles and still strong
By hunter252

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car brand new with only 52 miles. The car has given us great service with just normal maintenance. The car is very reliable, and still drives almost 100 miles a day. The motor and transmission is still all original with no problems other than a stalling problem it just started having which looks to be just a cleaning of the throttle body,and idle control valve issue. I would recommend one of these cars to anybody, and plan to buy another one when this finally gives up. I think the odometer speaks for itself.

Handling, reliability, sunroof, and fuel mileage.

Better clearcoat on paint and wheels.