1999 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

1999 Accord Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Wish They Still Made Them Like This!
By momofboys3

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

In the summer of 2013, we purchased our '99 Honda Accord V6 Coupe for our teenage sons primarily to drive. I drive it every chance I get. The fit and finish of this car is superb: Sunroof, leather upholstery, nice radio, leather wrapped steering wheel, upholstered door panels, very roomy backseat. The condition of the interior and exterior is unbelievable....almost like new. The car has 82,000 miles on it and drives like a sports car to a Mom used to driving minivans and stodgy sedans. We plan to replace the timing belt soon and keep up on the maintenance. Really hope to get another 82,000 miles on this, maybe more......

Favorite Features

Sunroof, detailed stitching on leather upholstery Color of the car, it looks black but in the bright sun has a metallic maroon sparkle to it Shape and style of the exterior.....very sporty

Suggested Improvements

I wouldn't change a thing

My First Car
By sblennis1

1999 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, given to me by my step dad. I got it with about 180,000 miles on it. I drove it up until about 200,000. The transmission started acting up but we didnt think it was a big deal. Turned out the torque converter went bad and ruined the solenoids. Other than that issue, i had no other problems whatsoever. The car has been in an accident and all that happened was a bent hood and a scratched headlight cover. This car could take just about anything and i loved it. It was extremely comfortable to drive and had pretty good gas mileage. The motor ran strong and still does.

Favorite Features

-power driver's seat -large trunk -reliable engine -comfortablity -interior space

Suggested Improvements

-easier fix for dented rear fender -longer lasting cats

Been a great car
By usedlux

1999 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I owned this car for 10 years and loved it. The transmission started to act up, so I am moving on.

Its a tank
By joe5hunter

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love this car its a tank it has taken abuse that any normal car would have crapped out and given up lol. I got this from my older brother who got it from my dad we have put 160,000 miles on this car and it runs!!!!! and runs good this thing could tell one hell of a story... I would recommend this car to anyone i love my honda it has never broken down or crapped out on me gas milage is great has original motor and trans we kept up on oil changes fluid changes and have had no problems normal wear and tear stuff but nothing major was replaced.

Favorite Features

It wont quit lol it will be passed down to my sister next.

Suggested Improvements

Ignition, catalytic converter

just keeps on going flawlessly
By mthurl

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 99, and have had very very little problems with it since. It now has 212k miles and still drives pretty close to new. I live in New England and this car has gone through some of the worst winters you could imagine...ice, snow, road salt, pot holes, sub zero temperatures. It still has the origanal engine, tranny, struts, starter, alternator, exhaust and steering components. I believe if I had lived in the south I would not of had to replace much of anything at all (rust has had me replace the brake lines and fuel tank). Aside from that, the only repairs made were; a ball joint, tie rod, evap solenoid and vtec solenoid. Not bad for 12 years and a total of $200.00

What a car!
By Harry

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 100 miles on it. It just turned 30,000 miles, since I take public transit to work and garage it the rest of the time. It is in showroom condition - not one door ding or dent on it! Absolutely mint in and out. My 5-year warranty came and went without me taking advantage of it, as I know i paid for it upfront. It drives like new. The only complaint I have is that the acceleration from a stop till about 50 mph is not that great. Then again, that may be the norm for a 4-cylinder car, though it is a V-Tec engine. I intend to drive it for a long time or give it to one of my kids.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration from a dead stop to 50 mph leaves a lot to be desired.

My Second Honda and it want be my last
By Molove1009

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

While I have this 1999 Honda accord today because my 94 Honda Accord was damaged pretty bad in a wreak. So far I love the car, I brought it for 2,800 as is. It didn't need any under the hood work just a paint job and a new hood.I was blessed. I drive back in forth from home to school in another city. My gas lasted forever, 20 dollars lasted me 6 days straight. But my shifter has been getting stuck in park and I have to pull it hard to shift to another gear but that is fine, no biggie got fixed. I love hondas and toyotas and I want changed to an American made car for nothing, because they only look good, but they don't last long at all compared to hondas and toyotas. Just do your research.LOL

Favorite Features

leather interior,handling,MPG,body build,v-tec motor(so much power), and the electric seat adjusters. I also love the sunroof and spoiler. My heat and A/C work wonderfully. My honda is so spacious.

Suggested Improvements

The noise it makes while I am stopped, I think the transmission fluid just needs to be drained and replace with new fluid. Everything else is perfect.

Honda
By logan.baranowski

1999 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is my first car ever! I love it. Has some transmission problems but it still drives, so no problems. It is 12 years old and I drove it 80 mph on the freeway and she got 33 mpg and that was with my bike rack. Bought from my dad's coworker. Got a great deal $5000 and it is still worth $4000 after two years. I recommend this to all.

Favorite Features

V-Tec, even thought it is a 4 Cyl engine, you'd never know

Suggested Improvements

Better noise reduction in car cabin

My First Car "Love It"
By Kyle

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love my Honda. Its my first car. i bought it used in 2008 and i haven't had any problems with it what so ever. The only thing wrong with it right now is the A/C but that's not really a big deal it just has to be recharged.other than that its been a great car for me and i wouldn't think twice of buying a brand new one.

Favorite Features

Smooth Handling, color, styling, comfort, Stereo

Suggested Improvements

The hubcaps paint job isn't very good.And the rear view mirrors not painted well either. But it's plastic so that's probably why the paint doesn't stay on there very well.

Best car
By Donna

1999 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Accord LX has been one of if not the best car I've ever owned for it's reliability, handling (I love) and comfort.

Favorite Features

color, leather, interior, smooth handling.

Suggested Improvements

longer lasting transmission and better gas mileage.