1998 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Reliable and Fun

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Review

EX V6 Coupe (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Reliable and Fun
By Nic on

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used, at 100k miles five years ago. Since then my biggest expense has been a new transmission, but I attribute some of that to the first owner's treatment. My air conditioning went out at around 125k, but other than that, I have nothing but praise for this car. I know people who have 10yr old cars that are in the shop constantly. I still get compliments from people about it, them thinking it's brand new. The style is gorgeous and it's a nice bit of sportiness for a young single gal such as myself. Versatile, nice to take on pleasure trips due to the spaciousness and classy looking enough to take a client to lunch.

The EX coupe is sporty, handles well, spacious, and the V6 has surprising get-up-and-go

Plastic knobs for air conditioning controls are kind of flimsy; seat back pouches are really only held on by a couple screws, and can come loose. Quite a pain to fix.