1998 Honda Accord Consumer Review: Great car-wish I could order a

1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Great car-wish I could order a duplicate
By WWII Flying Ace on

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used with 7,000 miles. It now has 127k. Recall repair on ignition (never caused a problem) at 90k; New belts, hoses, timing belt, spark plugs at 100k ($700ish). Exterior rear driver's side door handle quit working at 105k--replaced this on my Civic once; will probably fix it if/when it's next in the shop, as I don't use the door too often. Working on fourth set of tires although the last two are low profile Nittos on 18" rims. Replaced front brake pads at 80k. A bit more road noise than I like due mainly to the aftermarket rims/tires. Change oil every 5k miles, adding a bit of Lucas Oil stabilizer--doesn't use a drop. Still gets 24-26mpg city; 27-31mpg hwy

Car absolutely looks beautiful. I like the body style, and the original paint still buffs to a high gloss. Mechanically, the car is very solid, and routine maintenance is a snap.

As addressed by Honda in subsequent models, additional gearing to compensate for lack of low-end torque; my LX needed an aftermarket CD player; all the glass lets in a lot of heat-- tint it dark if you legally can in your state.