1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Extremely Solid and good car
By MGZ on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

As my Accord will hit 120K miles soon, I have to admit it is better than all the American cars in this class that are 2004 models. It is agile, reliable, has good grip, and acclerates very well with the 5 speed manual. Fuel economy is excellent. The interior design and layout is flawless, though the exterior is a little boring.

stupid honda
By Kris Merkley on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

3 months after purchase, the Alternator dies and takes the battery with it, acceptable. 2 months later, the transmission dies and we pay $3000 for a rebuilt, which was received about 3 months after going into the shop. Then, not too long after that, we notice the car shifting hard in the mornings, guess what? seals on the torque converter are hosed, another $800 for 3 ea. $1.50 seals. and then at about 95K, the catalytic converter fails, so, we replace that, and the o2 sensor stuck in it. and now, at 106K, the drivers side CV joint is popping when I turn right. I will never again buy a honda.

Jason
By DJDaddy98 on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Runs Great!! Very, very reliable car!!! I love to drive it. It is very very comfortable.

two words: Best Buy!
By Jared Chesler on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This wonderful Accord handles well and is great in the snow even without AWD. Buy Honda.

Best Car I Have Owned
By Walter Blackburn on 06/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Drove this car over 134,000 miles and have enjoyed the reliability and driving features in every aspect. Other than two flats this car has had only regular maintenance. Replaced belts and water pump at 105,000 miles and oxygen sensors just before that. Nothing else has been done except change oil about every 5,000 miles and put in gas. On fourth set of tires and lots of tread left on them. Several miles that do not show on speedometer were towed miles behind motor home.

Great choice
By katyumi on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Overall a great car. Intetior quality is outstanding, and it handles pretty soundly. The engine is quiet, but road noise on the highway is pronounced. The suspension isn't very good on cracked or bumpy pavement, but not as bad as many cars in the class. The seats in front are comfortable, but the rear seats aren't on long trips. Fuel economy is very respectable. No major problems as of yet.

NO MORE HONDA'S
By Charles Timmons on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Where do I start? I bought the car with 34K miles on it. THANK GOD I bought a 100K mile warranty! I bought the car b/c I'm in outside sales and drive a lot and need a reliable car. I've had numerous recalls, new transmission at 95K miles, new power steering pump, altanator, cateletic converter, and the list goes on. I'm car shopping now b/c I CANNOT spend anymore money or camp out at the dealership. DO NOT buy one without a 100K mile warranty to help with repairs.

Fun, Practical Car
By Mike the honda nut on 05/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is a great. The V6 is very powerful. It shifts smoothly. The gas mileage is pretty good considering the engine (27 mpg on highway). I drive it a lot on long trips, and it is very comfortable to ride in. It has lots of leg room in the front seats and the back seat is not too bad considering it is a coupe. The trunk is quite large, and I'm able to throw golf clubs and a couple suitcases in there and still have room to spare. IF I ever replace this car, it would be with a newer accord V6.

Really fun car to drive and be in
By oogster on 05/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

First I test drove a 98 Nissan Altima and was quite impressed with it. However as soon as I got to the Honda Dealer and sat in this car I knew that this was the car that I wanted to get. I really love the way the interior, dashboard is laid out in this car. It really does a lot to make the car feel very spacious. The car drives really well, the suspension system is amazing. My only gripes minor ones having to do with cheap climate control knobs falling off, clock and odometer backlight lamps burning out and making it hard to read the time and mileage.

Honda Accord Take #2
By Bilyum on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is my second Honda Accord. Excellent quality! I would recomend anyone to at least drive one. Very minimal problems.