Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 206 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Hondas never quit
By Honda

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda Accord is the best car ever! We bought it with 148,000miles and it now has 182,000miles and still pulls strong. Interstate manners at 75+mph are great. It will take off from 75mph and easily hit 110mph with the 4-cylinder. I will not get rid of this car until it dies.

28+mpg, *Honda Reliability*, big trunk, good rear seat legroom, cold a/c, comfortable, strong parking brake, and the front-wheel-drive is excellent in the snow and ice.

One thing- I wish tinted windows were standard.

Biggest Mistake of my life
By razor225

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We must have bought the biggest lemon on the lot. 2wks after purchase spent 1500 on repairs. Should have knew something was up then. Needless to say I think we have spent over 6000 in repairs in 18 months. We just had to replace a ball joint and tie rod and front tire. These were brand new tires...this car is the biggest piece of JUNK ever made.

First Honda
By Hobie

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Best car ever owned. Powerful 4 cylinder, fast, fuel economy always 30-31 on highway at 75-80 mph. Nothing went out until 215,000 miles-- transaxle failed.

Reliability.

Back seat headroom.

191,000 looks and runs new
By Karen

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

This was my first Honda and it has been the best value purchase I have made in 30 years. Alternator and timing belt changed at 93,000 miles, which is close to the regular scheduled maintenance, otherwise no mechanical issues. Red paint still looks fairly new. We own 2 BMW's and have had problems with starting in the cold weather, the Honda has always started in the coldest Maine weather. I still love to drive this car, no blind spots, comfortable. Reliability is the reason we keep this car even at 191,000 miles. Drive the BMW for luxury!

reliability, comfort, fun to drive

Awesome car
By Tman

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 90k and am at 129k now--no problems! I just changed the timing belt. Tran has always been smooth--I heard about probs with this tran early on and flushed out tran fluid (chgd 5 times) to dilute old fluid until fluid looked clean (1/3 of fluid stays in when chging, this is why I flushed it several times--may have been a good investment as still shifts like butter). I started using synthetic oil for 1st time and notice engine and for some reason even the trans runs even smoother--almost identical to a new vehicle! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this car--and is fun to drive, although more comfortable than fun--plenty torque at 85+ mph even with 4cyl.

Transmission smooth for me, contrary to others reviews. First class bucket seats, Honda traditional ergonomics-- everything right where it should be. Brakes and steering spot-on.

Needs wider interior rear view mirror. Not able to get better than 21mpg mixed driving.