Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Honda Accord EXV6 Sedan
By Honda Fan

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

It's been a great car for us. Bought the car in 2000 with 24k miles. It has 153,000 now. V6 is fun to drive. Feels like a sports car. Only trouble is intake manifold clogging causing check engine light to keep coming on. There has been Honda service bulletins on this. Front tires seem to wear fast. Michelins are expensive to replace. Plan on keeping this car till it is to expensive to fix. I heard 1998-2002 Honda Accords had problems with their transmissions. We've had good luck here.

Favorite Features

Climate control, leather, power sunroof, large trunk, AC and plenty of power with fast accelleration.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seating. Car body dents real easy. Park your car away from others!!

Best car ever
By Jason

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Drives like a dream. Feels brand new, looks brand new, stylish. yet it is 12 years old and has 115k on it. Nothing breaks. Cant ask for more.

Just Out Gas In It!!!
By Leo papagni

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Drove this car out of the show room in 1998. Besides for regular maintenance, I have only replaced the struts and catalytic converter. It still has original parts on the rest of the car. By far the most dependable car I have ever owned. It just went over 200,000. I am going to drive it until the wheels come off.

Favorite Features

Sporty Look

Suggested Improvements

It's not very comfortable.

What a great car!
By New Honda Buyer

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 112k on it. I wasn't even going to drive it because of the mileage. The suspension was responsive yet comfortable, Gas mileage is 22-27 on the 3 litre V6 and it has leather, wood grain, a moon roof, strut tower braces, way ahead of their time! It has 230,000 miles on it already. I love it, buy this car!

Suggested Improvements

lumbar support

Hondas never quit
By Honda

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda Accord is the best car ever! We bought it with 148,000miles and it now has 182,000miles and still pulls strong. Interstate manners at 75+mph are great. It will take off from 75mph and easily hit 110mph with the 4-cylinder. I will not get rid of this car until it dies.

Favorite Features

28+mpg, *Honda Reliability*, big trunk, good rear seat legroom, cold a/c, comfortable, strong parking brake, and the front-wheel-drive is excellent in the snow and ice.

Suggested Improvements

One thing- I wish tinted windows were standard.