Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Unhappy buyer
By Sanjay

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Worst car Ive ever had. Problem after problem pretty much right off the lot. Transmission, engine mounts, wheel bearings (twice), suspension. I've plowed so much money into this car it makes me want to cry and I still feel it will easily break down on me on the highway etc. This has been the worst used car buying experience in my life. Next time I will go to Ford - I hear they are topnotch now. I don not recommend this car or Honda to anyone.

Can't think of any.

Fix your transmissions and get your act together, Honda. Suspension, wheel bearings, road and engine noise, vibrations and engine mounts.

Honda Accord EXV6 Sedan
By Honda Fan

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

It's been a great car for us. Bought the car in 2000 with 24k miles. It has 153,000 now. V6 is fun to drive. Feels like a sports car. Only trouble is intake manifold clogging causing check engine light to keep coming on. There has been Honda service bulletins on this. Front tires seem to wear fast. Michelins are expensive to replace. Plan on keeping this car till it is to expensive to fix. I heard 1998-2002 Honda Accords had problems with their transmissions. We've had good luck here.

Climate control, leather, power sunroof, large trunk, AC and plenty of power with fast accelleration.

More comfortable seating. Car body dents real easy. Park your car away from others!!

Best car ever
By Jason

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Drives like a dream. Feels brand new, looks brand new, stylish. yet it is 12 years old and has 115k on it. Nothing breaks. Cant ask for more.

Just Out Gas In It!!!
By Leo papagni

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Drove this car out of the show room in 1998. Besides for regular maintenance, I have only replaced the struts and catalytic converter. It still has original parts on the rest of the car. By far the most dependable car I have ever owned. It just went over 200,000. I am going to drive it until the wheels come off.

Sporty Look

It's not very comfortable.

What a great car!
By New Honda Buyer

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 112k on it. I wasn't even going to drive it because of the mileage. The suspension was responsive yet comfortable, Gas mileage is 22-27 on the 3 litre V6 and it has leather, wood grain, a moon roof, strut tower braces, way ahead of their time! It has 230,000 miles on it already. I love it, buy this car!

lumbar support