Used 1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Transmission Problem
By Ed

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 98.Engine light came on at 80,000 miles, catalytic converter had to be replaced, cost over $800. Summer of 2005 the trans failed at about 134,000 miles. Took it to the Dealer (paramus), and the service guy referred me to a transmission place in Ramsey nj to rebuild the trans. They rebuilt the tran, cost $3200, gave me 15000 mile or a year warranty, car felt great, drove like a new car. 5 months later, trans started slipping. Took it back to the shop, by this time the 15,000 mile warranty had ran out. The guy claimed he replaced sensors, charged me again, $180, and said he needs to open the tran again, told him no, he said the car won't last 9 months. Same problem, 5 yrs now.

Honda needs to make reliable Transmissions.

Awesome Car
By Ryan

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have always loved Hondas, this is my 5th and I could not be happier. The car has a some miles but I know that it still has many more in it. I am still getting 32+ MPG with over 200K and the car is amazingly reliable. The leather is a great addition as well as the power options. The stereo system is great for stock and these cars can move if you really need it to. If you stay up on your maintenance these cars will go forever! Everyone should own a Honda!

Leather, Stereo, 35 MPG, Sun Roof, Keyless Entry, Lots of space, 5 spd trans, Brakes, Performance

Better paint?

I love this car!
By vietgopher

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best car from Honda. It is very reliable, easy to handle. Everything works although its a 12 years old car! All I have done to the car is oil changes, and tire rotation!

Comfortable design!

Too late to recommend!

Love this car
By Sold on Honda

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We are getting ready to pass down my 1998 Honda Accord 4 door LX to my 17yr old son. This car has been very reliable and still looks great. Haven't had any problems and only needed routine maintenance. We are probably going to be replacing it with a new Civic Coupe. Going to miss my Accord but feel good about passing this on to my son because I have a piece of mind that he will be driving a very reliable car.

Size (big enough for 4 adults), looks great, fuel economy

Gas cap release doesn't open gas cap far enough

Very Dependable and Durable
By AccordFever

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car June 2007 with 153,000 miles. I was nervous buying a car with this many miles but the engine ran so smoothly a went ahead and bought it. I've used this car to drive to school and to deliver pizza in for the last 2 3/4 years and is now has 237,000 miles. I personally love this car and there are a lot of vehicles i wouldn't trade for it if they only had 70,000 miles. Rides very smoothly and still feels athletic with the VTEC V6. Everyone thinks its a piece of junk because its plagued with the peeling paint but i just laugh it off when their nice and shiny cars break down. Even with the high mileage it's still the best car I've owned.

V6...I'm a believer in buying the v6's because you keep your RPM's lower during acceleration (hopefully) Leather...has saved the day after some rainy outdoor concerts Sporty look for a 4 door sedan, I don't like the rounded newer models. Moon roof, Alloy wheels, steering wheel radio control

Transmission is beginning to shift a little harder but it does have 237,000 miles Starter went out at 200,000 miles due to constant use while delivering pizza. Paint job looks so bad I don't even wash it.