1998 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Good Car with Some Problems
By ajc on 02/14/05 09:07 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

A previous posting here regarding the ERG system and the transmission led me to write this review. I also have experienced these problems and both were covered under warranty (7 year, 100,000 Limited Powertrain on the transmission). Honda knows about the these problems and will help on these items. They have extended the warranty on the ERG and will participate in the repairs on the transmission even after the warranty expires. I recommend taking the car to the dealership for diagnosis and then calling Honda customer service. All things considered, this has been a reliable car and fun to drive.

Great value for your money
By alrjwc on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

It's a great vehicle .. maintenance has been fair and reasonable.. will purchase another Honda/Acura auto.

Sad with my Honda
By SadWithHonda on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Automatic transmission rebuilt at 95,350. I'm so disappointed in my Honda. Bought it for reliability, find that it's always run rough and had repeated annoying problems (ie musty smells in AC/Heating, occational water leaks, leaking sunroof) My previous car, a nissan, served me better and have much tighter fit and finish. No more Hondas for me

1998 Accord EX V6 Coupe
By TMD on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Honda should have had the manual transmission produced in the year V6 coupe. I would have rated it a 10 for "fun to drive" then. No issues with it. I did have to take it to the dealer at about 65k miles when the check engine light came on. Free-of- charge, the Honda dealership reprogrammed the EGR system (exhaust gas recirc) and the light hasn't came on since. .

Awesome Car
By seahag7624 on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I love my Honda. This is the most awesome car I have ever owned. We also have a 4door Camry of the same year which rivals the Honda in comfort but the Honda outweighs it in engine torque, body style and it is so fun to drive. The V6 really gets up and goes at the slightest touch. I don't have anything negative to say about this car. You can't go wrong with this one.

Good Car
By HondaCoupe on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good Car, Great Style, Very Reliable

will never buy a Honda again
By heatherismad on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I have had more problems with this car than any I have ever had. I have already had to get a new transmission and now the EGR valve is clogged. It's one thing after the other. I should have gone Toyota!

Always a Honda
By ace on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Have never had a problem with a Honda. I have had four.

Solid ride for a travelling salesman
By hoktaskbasdh on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

Fantastic car. I bought used 45,000 miles on it. I crank the car 4-5 times a day and really beat on it. 2 years after purchase, the car now has 105,000 miles on it and overall I dont know of any other car maker that can match its long term durability (other than toyota) 86,000 miles had a EGR clog that there was a recall on but the dealer lied to me and never told me about it/tried to make me pay.I had to fight them on it to get them to cover it under the warranty. Hondas rule! Will keep car to 150K and then sell to a family member!

I love this car!
By mjfoley on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

My first car, and it is a gem. The only problems I have had so far is so- so gas mileage, but I live in the city, and a touchy battery terminal that resets my programmed radio stations, other than that the car has great pick up and is really fun to drive.