1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Very Dependable and Durable
By AccordFever on 03/18/10 14:48 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car June 2007 with 153,000 miles. I was nervous buying a car with this many miles but the engine ran so smoothly a went ahead and bought it. I've used this car to drive to school and to deliver pizza in for the last 2 3/4 years and is now has 237,000 miles. I personally love this car and there are a lot of vehicles i wouldn't trade for it if they only had 70,000 miles. Rides very smoothly and still feels athletic with the VTEC V6. Everyone thinks its a piece of junk because its plagued with the peeling paint but i just laugh it off when their nice and shiny cars break down. Even with the high mileage it's still the best car I've owned.

Miles of reliability
By 1998 Honda Accord on 03/15/10 11:53 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord right out of the show room in 98. I have a little under 300K miles and it never failed me. I am beginning to burn some oil and put in a quart every 1500 miles. Other than that, normal maintenance. Original tranny, motor, muffler. Starts in cold weather here in Boston, and had only to replace the o2 sensor about a year ago. I plan to keep driving her. I change oil every 3K and did all maintenance on her; I am planning on changing timing belt soon and maybe I can go well on my way to 400K miles.

LX Coup w/ Spoiler
By Neil on 03/14/10 18:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car pre-owned certified w/ 14k miles. Best car I have ever owned and sad to be selling at 140k. The design and handling of this car is excellent. I was in 3 accidents in this vehicle, two sideswipes at high speeds and in all cases this car performed excellently. Only 4 cylinders but pickup like an 8. Interior has to be one of best designed ever akin to 98 "luxury" models. Trans went at 75k out of warranty but after complaining, Honda picked up the cost of parts and I had to pay only for labor. Other than that, an ACE of a vehicle. Also, the 98 design w/spoiler is better than the 2010 coup design. Love this Car!!

Unhappy buyer
By Sanjay on 03/04/10 06:13 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Worst car Ive ever had. Problem after problem pretty much right off the lot. Transmission, engine mounts, wheel bearings (twice), suspension. I've plowed so much money into this car it makes me want to cry and I still feel it will easily break down on me on the highway etc. This has been the worst used car buying experience in my life. Next time I will go to Ford - I hear they are topnotch now. I don not recommend this car or Honda to anyone.

Honda Accord EXV6 Sedan
By Honda Fan on 02/10/10 19:01 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

It's been a great car for us. Bought the car in 2000 with 24k miles. It has 153,000 now. V6 is fun to drive. Feels like a sports car. Only trouble is intake manifold clogging causing check engine light to keep coming on. There has been Honda service bulletins on this. Front tires seem to wear fast. Michelins are expensive to replace. Plan on keeping this car till it is to expensive to fix. I heard 1998-2002 Honda Accords had problems with their transmissions. We've had good luck here.

Best car ever
By Jason on 01/19/10 19:36 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Drives like a dream. Feels brand new, looks brand new, stylish. yet it is 12 years old and has 115k on it. Nothing breaks. Cant ask for more.

Just Out Gas In It!!!
By Leo papagni on 12/18/09 19:46 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Drove this car out of the show room in 1998. Besides for regular maintenance, I have only replaced the struts and catalytic converter. It still has original parts on the rest of the car. By far the most dependable car I have ever owned. It just went over 200,000. I am going to drive it until the wheels come off.

What a great car!
By New Honda Buyer on 12/15/09 10:53 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 112k on it. I wasn't even going to drive it because of the mileage. The suspension was responsive yet comfortable, Gas mileage is 22-27 on the 3 litre V6 and it has leather, wood grain, a moon roof, strut tower braces, way ahead of their time! It has 230,000 miles on it already. I love it, buy this car!

Hondas never quit
By Honda on 10/07/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Our Honda Accord is the best car ever! We bought it with 148,000miles and it now has 182,000miles and still pulls strong. Interstate manners at 75+mph are great. It will take off from 75mph and easily hit 110mph with the 4-cylinder. I will not get rid of this car until it dies.

Biggest Mistake of my life
By razor225 on 09/08/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

We must have bought the biggest lemon on the lot. 2wks after purchase spent 1500 on repairs. Should have knew something was up then. Needless to say I think we have spent over 6000 in repairs in 18 months. We just had to replace a ball joint and tie rod and front tire. These were brand new tires...this car is the biggest piece of JUNK ever made.