Used 1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

ACCORD'98 LXI after 250,000 Miles
By waled

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

bought this car on Feb 1998, still looks neat and flashy, the A/C is still fantastic although here in Saudi; the weather temperature can easily hit/exceed (120'F). Never made an accident, as result; the original paint is still shiny. I own a 2005 Volvo S80 T5 yet I still rely on the accord for long trips between cities. Engine+ automatic Transmission still original. My friend has a 2009 Accord 4/cyl Aut. and some how got in a drag race with him, surprisingly, my 98'accord stayed nose to nose till we hit 200KM/H (125M/H) which is good enough for me.

smooth ride, slick front/side look, perfect seating position, driver viewing traffic++, stability when driving on high speed.

Na

Solid Made Vanilla
By gsschro2

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord at 125K three years ago and am approaching 200K. I have not had any maintenance problems except for oil,filter, etc... It averages about 30-31 in the summer and 26-28 with winter fuel. I drive mostly highway and average about 70-75 mph. The car is unexciting but for its purpose (get me to work and back) I have not had anything better. I have the 4 cyl, which is better than most 6 cyl cars I have owned. Once again, as long as you don't plan on winning any races. The car is well behaved at highway speeds and comfortable. If you have ever owned a lemon, like I have then you know the value of a car that simply gets the job done!

Great MPG, Awesome 4 cyl, Comfortable and spacious (I am 5'11"), Dependable

Wind noise is excessive when compared to competitors and it would seem to be an easy fix.

++MPG, Reliable, Cheap repairs
By dblynch90

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 08 @ 132k miles. I still have the car today and it runs, drives, and looks just as good as it did the day i got it. I have been reading alot of posts saying that they have had engine, tranny, and paint issues, and i havnt experienced any of those issues (knock on wood). However, i do my oil changes, tranny and coolant flushes, and i wash my car every week to preserve the paint and underbody. If you take care of your car, it will treat your right in return. Definately would reccomend for college student and long commuters. Only thing i have ever had to fix was a CV shaft and wheel bearing, which ended up costing me less than $100 combined.

VTEC engine, alot of trunk space, smooth suspension, cheap to fix.

The knobs on the climate control broke easily. Cost 10 bucks to replace.

Accord EX-L 4-Cyl. 4-Door
By Accord Owner

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car last Friday because my last Accord had been wrecked and totaled out by the insurance. And so far I absolutely love this car! It is way more nice than my car and it has every option possible! Upgraded sound, leather, auto trans., spoiler, chrome wheels, etc. And is amazing. Has been very well taken care of and I would recommend this car to everyone!

Spoiler, wheels, leather, moonroof!

It could have a little more torque, but other than that it is pretty quick. My mom's '05 is much faster although only 10 more hp. (160 vs. 150)

Love It
By jewels68

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 36,000 miles on it 9 y/0. It now has 160,000. My car has all the upgrades, sunroof, leather, controls on steering wheel etc. Had to replace transmission 3 y/o for $2500 and just replaced the oil pan. Other than that no problems what so ever. It's fun to drive and love the way it looks. I have had no problems with my paint but it is white. Will keep it to pass on to my son.

Sunroof, looks, leather, stereo, power. Has V6 that kicks over my boyfriend's Mercedes Kompressor any day.

None. Am really happy with the car.

• SUV