Used 1998 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car ever
By Jason

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Drives like a dream. Feels brand new, looks brand new, stylish. yet it is 12 years old and has 115k on it. Nothing breaks. Cant ask for more.

First Honda
By Hobie

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Best car ever owned. Powerful 4 cylinder, fast, fuel economy always 30-31 on highway at 75-80 mph. Nothing went out until 215,000 miles-- transaxle failed.

Reliability.

Back seat headroom.

191,000 looks and runs new
By Karen

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

This was my first Honda and it has been the best value purchase I have made in 30 years. Alternator and timing belt changed at 93,000 miles, which is close to the regular scheduled maintenance, otherwise no mechanical issues. Red paint still looks fairly new. We own 2 BMW's and have had problems with starting in the cold weather, the Honda has always started in the coldest Maine weather. I still love to drive this car, no blind spots, comfortable. Reliability is the reason we keep this car even at 191,000 miles. Drive the BMW for luxury!

reliability, comfort, fun to drive

Awesome car
By Tman

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 90k and am at 129k now--no problems! I just changed the timing belt. Tran has always been smooth--I heard about probs with this tran early on and flushed out tran fluid (chgd 5 times) to dilute old fluid until fluid looked clean (1/3 of fluid stays in when chging, this is why I flushed it several times--may have been a good investment as still shifts like butter). I started using synthetic oil for 1st time and notice engine and for some reason even the trans runs even smoother--almost identical to a new vehicle! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this car--and is fun to drive, although more comfortable than fun--plenty torque at 85+ mph even with 4cyl.

Transmission smooth for me, contrary to others reviews. First class bucket seats, Honda traditional ergonomics-- everything right where it should be. Brakes and steering spot-on.

Needs wider interior rear view mirror. Not able to get better than 21mpg mixed driving.

First car
By martin james

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I really enjoyed this car at first, after all it was my first. When we first bought it the dealer said that the transmission was just rebuilt, thinking nothing of it we purchased it. Needless to say I have had the car for a total of about 5 years now, and have rebuilt the tranny twice. First costing 1,500 and second costing 1,300. The car isn't even worth that much. So unfortunately I am trading it in. I have read that it was that specific year that the tranny can't handle the engine, but I have given up on it.

Wood grain, smooth ride.

Tranny problem seems endless. Uncomfortable seats (leather).