Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Reliable Car.
By pimpinpancakes

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is great. It is the perfect size. Don't let it fool you because it is actually very roomy and has a large/tall trunk. Honda put a lot of thought into this car. Great first car. Safe also, I had a minor accident and it held up very well.

Gas mileage is good, 14 gallon tank usually around $45 to fill up and on the highway this thing sips gas.

I know these have tranny problems but mine was redone before I got it, also the paint seems to fade on these but get it repainted and youll have a beautiful car.

the perfect car
By mpb666

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 98 accord in 2002. it had about 30,000 miles on it. was kept in great shape by previous owner..it is now december 2011 and i still own this great car. i am at 175,000 miles now with not 1 major problem in 10 years of owning it. still runs nice and smooth, quiet. i can trust and rely on this car to start and run great anytime. even in the dead of winter, will start up no problem. only thing ive ever had done major is replace the catalytic converter and starter. on my second set of brake pads in 10 years. i get 3 month oil changes and once a year maintenance checkup every year. im sure it would last another 10 years easy. great car, will miss it when i dont have it her anymore!

ACCORD'98 LXI after 250,000 Miles
By waled

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

bought this car on Feb 1998, still looks neat and flashy, the A/C is still fantastic although here in Saudi; the weather temperature can easily hit/exceed (120'F). Never made an accident, as result; the original paint is still shiny. I own a 2005 Volvo S80 T5 yet I still rely on the accord for long trips between cities. Engine+ automatic Transmission still original. My friend has a 2009 Accord 4/cyl Aut. and some how got in a drag race with him, surprisingly, my 98'accord stayed nose to nose till we hit 200KM/H (125M/H) which is good enough for me.

smooth ride, slick front/side look, perfect seating position, driver viewing traffic++, stability when driving on high speed.

Na

Solid Made Vanilla
By gsschro2

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Accord at 125K three years ago and am approaching 200K. I have not had any maintenance problems except for oil,filter, etc... It averages about 30-31 in the summer and 26-28 with winter fuel. I drive mostly highway and average about 70-75 mph. The car is unexciting but for its purpose (get me to work and back) I have not had anything better. I have the 4 cyl, which is better than most 6 cyl cars I have owned. Once again, as long as you don't plan on winning any races. The car is well behaved at highway speeds and comfortable. If you have ever owned a lemon, like I have then you know the value of a car that simply gets the job done!

Great MPG, Awesome 4 cyl, Comfortable and spacious (I am 5'11"), Dependable

Wind noise is excessive when compared to competitors and it would seem to be an easy fix.

++MPG, Reliable, Cheap repairs
By dblynch90

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 08 @ 132k miles. I still have the car today and it runs, drives, and looks just as good as it did the day i got it. I have been reading alot of posts saying that they have had engine, tranny, and paint issues, and i havnt experienced any of those issues (knock on wood). However, i do my oil changes, tranny and coolant flushes, and i wash my car every week to preserve the paint and underbody. If you take care of your car, it will treat your right in return. Definately would reccomend for college student and long commuters. Only thing i have ever had to fix was a CV shaft and wheel bearing, which ended up costing me less than $100 combined.

VTEC engine, alot of trunk space, smooth suspension, cheap to fix.

The knobs on the climate control broke easily. Cost 10 bucks to replace.