1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
I Love my first car!!
By Shortalishus on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I just bought my very first car, a Honda Accord Ex Coupe, and I am in love with it!!!! Accords have always been my favorite car, and now that I finally have one, I love them even more. When I went to look at cars, at first I was skeptical to buy my car because of the high milage (78,000 on a '98). But the engine was immaculate, and the car looks brand new. I love it, and i recommend it to anyone.

My Honda experience.
By Tonisia on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

The car has been great for me. It's good on fuel and it rides nice on the road. In additon, because the car is roomy inside, all 5 passages can fit comfortable and there are cup holders in the back for the passengers.

By Janice Govostes on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 4dr Sedan

Engine light comes off and on all the time have taken it several times back to the dealer and they put it on the computer and nothing is wrong light goes out for a while and back on againe

Tight ride
By Manu on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this v6 coupe last month. I am very happy with it. Rides like a dream. No problems so far and it seems like I just got it out of the dealership. I would totally recommend this vehicle

Why?
By WhyNot on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

After owning my trouble-free 98 Accord for almost 4 years, and in the market for a 2nd vehicle, I tried to make myself buy something other than a Honda; once I did the pro's and con's of the Accord with everything else out there-when price, value, performance, and comfort do matter-it's still the best thing going. The 4 banger is quick, surprisingly roomy-both front and rear for my 50 something, 6'2" body. Result, there is absolutely no good reason not to buy this car. Honda makes the best, most balanced, family, fun car in the world. Check the data. Why? Why Not?

ok family car
By Owner on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

If you're looking for a no frills, good family car, good mileage and reliability, then this is your car.

Excellent Car
By Hondalover on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This is my 2 Accord and I love it. Looks great, fantastic interior. Seats are really comfortable - like a luxury car. Perfect instrument panel. Reliable and great gas mileage. I have a 5-speed and love it. Feels like I'm driving a sports car (the 3 kids in the back give me away though).

One leads to another
By Nonoy on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

Honda Accord 6 cylinder is very reliable. @94K miles in 4 years, it never had any problem. Never had a wheel alighnment either. It's sturdy and firm. Overall driving was enjoyable. Fast and easy to handle. I had a Civic before which I used for 10 years. Upgraded to an Accord 6th cylinder and it seems it would last forever.

Car of my dreams
By Psalministry on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This car was my first pick. I am a manual transmission lover. I got rid of my 1995 Nissan Sentra, and went looking. I wanted a Honda, and I wanted it the way I wanted it... and EX, with power everything. I took it home to my wife to show it to her, and she liked it a lot. I then started looking at 2002's but could not get one with the right monthly payment without LEASING (to me glorified RENTING). So I then settled on the 1998, and boy am I happy! In fact, when we go anywhere together, we drive my car! Good on gas, drives smooth, quiet and is a classy vehicle!

'98 Accord LX 4-Door 5-spd Manual
By ryoverde on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, the most reliable, plenty of pep, much more than expected, and the dealership is still a pleasure to work with even out-of-warranty. My biggest complaint ever was the sunglasses storage spring broke. Dealership replaced whole *console*, not just spring. Two repairs on master brake cylinder from Honda voluntary recalls, handled by dealership along with other routine maintenance without even having to ask. Planning to drive the car to "death", should be a long while then look into another. Wish I had bought one years ago; they are a tad expensive, but well worth it!