Used 1998 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Not as Reliabe as I thought
By STLbill7982

1998 Honda Accord DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this '98 from my sister this September. I am disappointed with what I thought would be a reliable car. The car vibrates a lot at idle - it almost feels like a massage chair from the Sharper Image. The 'check engine' light never turns off, even though the dealer assured me nothing is wrong. The car is noisy relative to GM cars that I have owned in the past. The rims make contact with curbs before the tires do, and as a result the rims are very scratched. The engine has littel power - sometimes I feel like I could get out and run faster.

Fuel mileage is superb.

Other Honda owners said Hondas are reliabe - I think they're giving Honda more credibility than they deserve. They've put their fair share of lemons on the road.

First (Japanese Car) Honda Accord EX
By Don W.

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in Dec 2004 with 69000 on it from the original owners. Happy so far. Good gas mileage andcomfortable ride. I have had to put an O2 sensor in it after 1 week of ownership. Something that you can't predict of going out. I will keep you informed of my feelings of the car.

Location of controls and ease of operation.

Location of cup holders and lumbar support handle.

Solid, reliable, inexpensive transport
By Danmohiuddin

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is my second Honda which I just bought used with 60K on it. If this Honda is anything like my first Honda (1990 CRX) then this Accord will be a gem to own and drive. Being in grad school I love the fact of the low maintenance and low cost to own. Regarding gas mileage this is easy on the pocket book and also peppy (5 speed) and fun as well. I have heard nothing but positive remarks from Honda owners and I am confident that this will be one of many Hondas I purchase over the course of my lifetime

Great gas mileage, peppy little four cylinder engine (5 speed), effecient and functional interior and dash layout. Plenty of room, space up to four adults and also great resale value.

better styling, better handling, and performance. larger tires, and wheels.

Good but not Great
By khym

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

This is my first Honda. Previously I have owned Nissans, Mazdas and Volkswagens. The car is excellent interior room, big trunk, good acceleration and overall it is a good car -- not a great car. I have been somewhat disappointed by it's reliability. My previous cars were all more reliable. I have had several repairs and two recalls. Would I buy a Honda again -- probably. But I would look seriously at a Camry, a Mazda6, a Passat, a Maxima, and perhaps a 3-4 year old Lexus.

- big trunk - comfort

- more sound deadening at highway speeds

Excellents across the board!
By Monica

1998 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

I love my Accord! Bought it used in 2003...all I've had to replace is the catalytic converter! Awesome vehicle! My aunt had an 89 for 15 years then fell in love with a 2004 model and traded it in! Great cars!

Get up and go...

None that I can think of!