1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Great Car
By ejgarc on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

Good, solid economical car that has a little bit of everything. It has some sportiness to it, but can still carry 5 passengers comfortably, good on gas, but still has passing power on the highway.

Great Car But Buy the Extended Warranty
By HappyHoustonOwner on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

My first brand new car and I love it! Have had it for 4 1/2 years and am still happy. I really like the way the car feels and handles. A little dissapointed at the reliablity. I have done not only the regular oil changes but all of the extra maintenace that is recommended, and I mean all. Thank God I bought the extended warranty as at 77000 miles the transmission had to be replaced! Was free with warranty but would have cost me $4700.00!!! Ouch!

Best looking car w/ excellent performanc
By alias777 on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is the 4th Accord that I've owned. It's truly an awesome car that's reliable, fun, and awesome looking. You get the sporty look on the outside and a luxury feel on the inside.

Easy Decision
By hanleybc on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord LX 2dr Coupe

Hanles exceptionally well in the snow, we have two of these and we have never had any difficulty. Interior design is exceptional, large knobs and buttons are all at arms reach. Gas mileage is excellent, gets about 27 around town. The 4 cylinder is enough because this is a very light vehicle. Highly recommend.

My Second Honda Accord
By Ralph Lawrence on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

This is my second Honda Accord, having owned a 1985 Accord LX previously. This is an excellent car, and I plan to get another one in 2003. The only complaint, really, is the "pitch" of the steering wheel. It was slightly awkward in the 1985, and even with the tilt feature, still leaves something to be desired (Honda should check out the pivot tilt as used in General Motors cars). The "up and down" is not really a "tilt", just a height adjustment. Otherwise, I really prefer the Honda over any other car in its class.

Loving My 1998 Honda Accord EX
By Mike Henley on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my white 1998 Honda Accord EX (leather) about a month ago and DAMN I love it. Bought it with 76,000 miles on it but the car is friggin' amazing. Its only a V-4 but it has some decent pickup for a V-4 Ill have to admit. Car rides great, smooth as ever. Trunk space is awesome, alloy wheels are hot looking, and white looks classy! Sunroof is a great feature, really love this car! My first car by the way and damn I love it. Changing the oil every 3,000 miles to make sure it lasts well past the 200,000 mile mark.

time to drive and look fine
By toni on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with my Accord. The fuel economy is very helpful at this time. With the right mind and the right money a person can truly make this car stand out. I can't wait to atach all the acessories, all the head will be turning then!! have fn driving!

Best Car Ever!!
By Jabuitra on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 and a half years ago and put 82,000 miles on it. Nothing ever broke on the car. Just oil, gas, and 15k miles interval service. This is by far the most reliable car in the industry. I installed an aftermarket Typhoon air intake system, which boosted the V6 engine's power by at least 10%. Changed original tires at 71,000 miles. Original brake pads (I actually took it to the dealer to have them replaced and the dealer told me they still have another 40,000 miles to go). Nothing breaks in this car!!!

Great car
By CH on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX V6 2dr Coupe

Great resale, reliability and value. This car is fully equipped, and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the car.

Great car
By ch on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)