1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
ok family car
By Owner on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

If you're looking for a no frills, good family car, good mileage and reliability, then this is your car.

Excellent Car
By Hondalover on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This is my 2 Accord and I love it. Looks great, fantastic interior. Seats are really comfortable - like a luxury car. Perfect instrument panel. Reliable and great gas mileage. I have a 5-speed and love it. Feels like I'm driving a sports car (the 3 kids in the back give me away though).

One leads to another
By Nonoy on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Honda Accord 6 cylinder is very reliable. @94K miles in 4 years, it never had any problem. Never had a wheel alighnment either. It's sturdy and firm. Overall driving was enjoyable. Fast and easy to handle. I had a Civic before which I used for 10 years. Upgraded to an Accord 6th cylinder and it seems it would last forever.

Car of my dreams
By Psalministry on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car was my first pick. I am a manual transmission lover. I got rid of my 1995 Nissan Sentra, and went looking. I wanted a Honda, and I wanted it the way I wanted it... and EX, with power everything. I took it home to my wife to show it to her, and she liked it a lot. I then started looking at 2002's but could not get one with the right monthly payment without LEASING (to me glorified RENTING). So I then settled on the 1998, and boy am I happy! In fact, when we go anywhere together, we drive my car! Good on gas, drives smooth, quiet and is a classy vehicle!

'98 Accord LX 4-Door 5-spd Manual
By ryoverde on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, the most reliable, plenty of pep, much more than expected, and the dealership is still a pleasure to work with even out-of-warranty. My biggest complaint ever was the sunglasses storage spring broke. Dealership replaced whole *console*, not just spring. Two repairs on master brake cylinder from Honda voluntary recalls, handled by dealership along with other routine maintenance without even having to ask. Planning to drive the car to "death", should be a long while then look into another. Wish I had bought one years ago; they are a tad expensive, but well worth it!

Honda
By Daniel Beck on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car.. very reliable

Good Car
By DJ on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've driven Honda since 1979 and have put over 200,000 miles on all 5 I've owned. This car is by far better refined than ever before. However, I have had some small problems the check engine light related to the new in 98' LEV emissions. I have 91,000 on this one and am going for 300,000. There is no doubt it will make it. It runs the same as the day I bought it.

Chess 3456
By Gary Chester on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The Hondoa Accord can fit 5 people in it comfortably. This is my third Honda and I've never had any problems, only normal M & R. Hoping the 2003 version is a winner, so I can look forward to another Accord in the future.If you want to buy a 1998 Hondoa Acord the price should be between 13K-16K.

I feel for who I sell this to.
By MNMan on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I loved my Accord when I bought it. I paid cash after saving throughout college. Then I had to replace the transmission, Desert Honda in Las Vegas where I bought it failed to replace the fluid when the scheduled maintenance said it was due. At 65,000 miles the transmission was shot and American Honda did not help nor did Desert Honda. I have gone through a catalytic converter, rack and pinion, new steering column and a new starter. None of it with the help of Honda. I will never buy another.

Fantastic Car!!!
By angelcake73 on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

You can't ask for a better vehicle, especially for those like me whose primary concern was the pricing. I bought this used last year, the dealership was wonderfully helpful, no- pressure, and I have thoroughly enjoyed driving this car since. The Accord has a great design, very comfortable, and extremely reliable mechanically. I will probably never drive anything else except Hondas, based on my experience with this car and with the dealership.