1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
time to drive and look fine
By toni on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with my Accord. The fuel economy is very helpful at this time. With the right mind and the right money a person can truly make this car stand out. I can't wait to atach all the acessories, all the head will be turning then!! have fn driving!

Best Car Ever!!
By Jabuitra on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 and a half years ago and put 82,000 miles on it. Nothing ever broke on the car. Just oil, gas, and 15k miles interval service. This is by far the most reliable car in the industry. I installed an aftermarket Typhoon air intake system, which boosted the V6 engine's power by at least 10%. Changed original tires at 71,000 miles. Original brake pads (I actually took it to the dealer to have them replaced and the dealer told me they still have another 40,000 miles to go). Nothing breaks in this car!!!

Great Vehicle
By Mishuff on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The 1998 Honda Accord is a wonderful vehicle. I love mine and have had no problems with it. I bought it brand new in 1997 as a 1998 year model. It is maintenece free! The gas milage is great, as wel as the reliability, and it is fun to drive.

Money's Worth...almost
By Braindead on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Good value for money but perfomrance not upto expectations. I had a 90 Maxima before which had more comfortable seats and felt like it accelerated faster. Honda's controls are better placed though and it has better resale value for sure. Honda makes better cars - Nissan makes better engines

I love this car
By joebob on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

owned this car 4 and a half years 94,542 miles later still like new. giving to my daughter. it will be her first car. Oh and by the way yes i bought another honda.

Hondas Rule!
By nutty-1 on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought my 98 Accord after my 92 with 100M miles was totalled (also had a 87 CRX which I traded for my first Accord). It really didn't feel like the same quality from the start (i.e. noisy engine, air conditioner) but it is still super reliable, quality transportation. Became a bit small with two children and car seats but I'm fearful whatever I get to replace it will never measure up.

WS Honda
By babc on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has had excellent care, has leather interior,compact disc player,automatic windows, door and dual airbags. Anti lock brakes,brand new tires all around.

My Honda experience.
By Tonisia on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The car has been great for me. It's good on fuel and it rides nice on the road. In additon, because the car is roomy inside, all 5 passages can fit comfortable and there are cup holders in the back for the passengers.

By Janice Govostes on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

Engine light comes off and on all the time have taken it several times back to the dealer and they put it on the computer and nothing is wrong light goes out for a while and back on againe

Why?
By WhyNot on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

After owning my trouble-free 98 Accord for almost 4 years, and in the market for a 2nd vehicle, I tried to make myself buy something other than a Honda; once I did the pro's and con's of the Accord with everything else out there-when price, value, performance, and comfort do matter-it's still the best thing going. The 4 banger is quick, surprisingly roomy-both front and rear for my 50 something, 6'2" body. Result, there is absolutely no good reason not to buy this car. Honda makes the best, most balanced, family, fun car in the world. Check the data. Why? Why Not?