1998 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
1998honda accord
By bentley on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i really enjoy my honda it's reliable and has a sporty look to it and it's comfort is wonderful.it in good shape gas mileage is good

Simply the best bang for your buck!
By freddiemac on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Over 5 years now and absolutely zero problems (not that I expected any). Just change the gas, oil, and take it in for routine maintenance and it goes and goes. The steering seems just as tight as when it was new. and I really don't know what more you could ask for from a V4. The interior, exterior, and performance have not lost a beat from the day it rolled off the lot. I could not recommend another car more enthusiastically.

A Benchmark
By Adam0331 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought it as a returned lease vehicle namely going off Honda's reputation and haven't been dissapointed. Other than fixing the front wheel bearings (previous owner abuse problem) the car has been 100%. Would like a more sporty version w/4 doors. Looking to upgrade to the Acura TL Type S.

Love my honda
By regdawg30 on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new in 1998 and have 70K miles and running. It has enough power and good handling to get me out of trouble. Maintenance has been reasonable and overall it has been the best value for the money. Only complaint is the paint is beginning to spot in couple of places.

Excellent car with one exception
By chuck seccombe on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

the car is great and fun to drive. Has great pick up. One chronic problem is that the check engine light came on at approx. 75,000 miles and have not been able to determine why.

Honda Accord
By Lindsay700 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The last four cars I have had were Hondas. You can not beat their reliability. Their interiors could be made a little more comfortable for those long trips. Overall there are a great car and they hold their value.

By minster7 on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Car is basic, yet dependable and pretty much mechanically sound. Have had for 2.5 yrs and just done oil changes.

Serious Transmission Problems
By Suzi on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I have always been a Honda lover. However, with only 2 more car payments to go, the transmission began to slip severely, with only 70,000 miles. The problem only occurred when starting the car cold. After the engine warmed up, the transmission ran like a new car. The car is currently at the dealership, and they rebuilt the transmission which did not correct the problem. The 2000+ Accords had a cold- start transmission problem, and Honda offered extended transmission warranties, but this does not apply to my 98. I am very surprised and disappointed. I plan to get rid of the car as soon as the Honda dealership can figure out how to fix it!

Very overrated
By Colin Higgins on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The car is difficult for me to get into because I am tall. The suspension is lousy, and it is very underpowered. Repairs include 1. 4 brake jobs (and I don't ride the breaks), including rotor replacement and drum replacement. The breaks are still lousy and the car shudders when breaking. 2. Doors out of alignment, causing alarm to go off and window to stick - even though the car has never been in an accident. 3. Car hesitates when changing gears, indicating a transmission problem. Car has 83k miles on it, but the whole reason for purchasing a Japanese car is to get better engine reliability -this is no better than a Ford Escort.

I LOVE HONDA
By samuel jones on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Sedan LX V6 4dr Sedan

I cant wait to get into my car everyday and drive < i dont know if you could ever feel to pure joy that i have when i start my engine. My car out gos and out prefoms every car that i have see and been in even the top of the line lux. car.