Used 1998 Honda Accord EX V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Great Reliable Car.
By pimpinpancakes

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is great. It is the perfect size. Don't let it fool you because it is actually very roomy and has a large/tall trunk. Honda put a lot of thought into this car. Great first car. Safe also, I had a minor accident and it held up very well.

Gas mileage is good, 14 gallon tank usually around $45 to fill up and on the highway this thing sips gas.

I know these have tranny problems but mine was redone before I got it, also the paint seems to fade on these but get it repainted and youll have a beautiful car.

Love It
By jewels68

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 36,000 miles on it 9 y/0. It now has 160,000. My car has all the upgrades, sunroof, leather, controls on steering wheel etc. Had to replace transmission 3 y/o for $2500 and just replaced the oil pan. Other than that no problems what so ever. It's fun to drive and love the way it looks. I have had no problems with my paint but it is white. Will keep it to pass on to my son.

Sunroof, looks, leather, stereo, power. Has V6 that kicks over my boyfriend's Mercedes Kompressor any day.

None. Am really happy with the car.

Fun to Drive
By randym

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

Has been a great car for us. I have heard about the transmission problems with these model years. Our car has 162K miles and no problems. Guess we are blessed. Car is fun to drive. Passing it down to my teen twins to drive. Only problems was an intake manifold clogging that causes the check engine light to come on. It was a hassle to get that light off. replaced belt tensioner and alternator. no other problems. tires are a bit expensive for this model. Electronically everything works great. car body dents easily though. Plan on driving it to 300k or more.

Sunroof, climate control (for a 1998 its great). sports car feel. easy to park. Gas mileage not as good as a 4 cylinder but I got 27 mpg on a long road trip driving 75 mph

Body dents easily. I guess they all do. This car had all the options at the time except heated seats and mirrors.

Transmission dooms this car
By Matthew

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1998 Accord EX V6 new. It is my third accord and I love Hondas. The car is now 11 years old and has 137K miles on it. It still drives like the day I bought it and almost looks it too. So with all that you'd think this is a great used car. NO NO NO. This generation Accord has been plagued with faulty transmissions. My first transmission failed at 69K miles and Honda claimed it was not part of the recall. I went to arbitration and got Honda to pay for half of the new transmission. Fast forward to June 2010 and 137K miles and the transmission fails AGAIN nearly 69K after the first. The dealer offered to pay 25% and I still paid $2500. Still did it as the car is otherwise terrific.

It's a Honda.

Hopefully the new (now my THIRD) transmission will be ok.

Honda Accord EXV6 Sedan
By Honda Fan

1998 Honda Accord Sedan EX V6 4dr Sedan

It's been a great car for us. Bought the car in 2000 with 24k miles. It has 153,000 now. V6 is fun to drive. Feels like a sports car. Only trouble is intake manifold clogging causing check engine light to keep coming on. There has been Honda service bulletins on this. Front tires seem to wear fast. Michelins are expensive to replace. Plan on keeping this car till it is to expensive to fix. I heard 1998-2002 Honda Accords had problems with their transmissions. We've had good luck here.

Climate control, leather, power sunroof, large trunk, AC and plenty of power with fast accelleration.

More comfortable seating. Car body dents real easy. Park your car away from others!!