1998 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Still going strong
By jensters on 02/16/14 03:35 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased car in '04 W/75,000 miles on it. I believe only 1 previous owner, they took great care of it. Knowing honda maintenance req. I immediately had timing belt changed, 6yrs or 100k miles (I think). I loved the car then and still love it now! My Avg. mpg is 24-26 (mostly hwy miles). I keep up on reg. maintenance. Heard stories of transmission probs but I haven't had any.@ 141k replaced rt fr axle,@ 155,000 miles replaced radiator. Other than those great engine. Paint is starting to wear and had to replace pass. Window motor around 2010 but as far as reliability I have no complaint, 16 yrs & going strong can't argue with that! Love my honda

First car
By martin james on 05/24/09 16:29 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I really enjoyed this car at first, after all it was my first. When we first bought it the dealer said that the transmission was just rebuilt, thinking nothing of it we purchased it. Needless to say I have had the car for a total of about 5 years now, and have rebuilt the tranny twice. First costing 1,500 and second costing 1,300. The car isn't even worth that much. So unfortunately I am trading it in. I have read that it was that specific year that the tranny can't handle the engine, but I have given up on it.

Great car, even after a decade
By Troy on 08/30/07 00:28 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

Owned this car since it was brand new, and now almost 10 years later it still runs great! Has almost 240k and had no major repairs yet. I'm almost expecting something has to fail soon just because of the age and mileage, but it proves me wrong each day. If you want a great car that will take care of you if you take car of it, this is your car.

Look for another car
By CBaker on 04/25/05 20:35 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

Tranmission replaced at 56,000. Tranmission going out again at 85,000. This will be 2nd tranmission in under 100,000 miles. Not reliable. Failed emissions test the first year I had it due to recall. Poor Honda customer service. This car is a money pit.

World's greatest-150k and running
By Honda4Life on 04/22/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I am on my second Honda, over 150K. I had an 84 Accord in high school, and I know I would own a new one post graduation. I've driven Cadillac, Buick, Olds, Toyota, Ford, Mazda, Nissan.... Dont compare, dont compete!! Love my Honda, plan to get SUV or Ridgeline in near future. Classy car for a single mom with boys. They cant wait to sport it. Honda, please give me more power, maybe a V8? Otherwise, LOVE LOVE LOVE my HONDA! replaced EGR valve and 2 motormounts, 2 recalls on ignition switch, and I still love it, glad I went with coupe instead of sedan (due to transmission issues I was warned of by Honda Technicians)

Solid ride for a travelling salesman
By hoktaskbasdh on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

Fantastic car. I bought used 45,000 miles on it. I crank the car 4-5 times a day and really beat on it. 2 years after purchase, the car now has 105,000 miles on it and overall I dont know of any other car maker that can match its long term durability (other than toyota) 86,000 miles had a EGR clog that there was a recall on but the dealer lied to me and never told me about it/tried to make me pay.I had to fight them on it to get them to cover it under the warranty. Hondas rule! Will keep car to 150K and then sell to a family member!

My Second Honda Accord
By Ralph Lawrence on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

This is my second Honda Accord, having owned a 1985 Accord LX previously. This is an excellent car, and I plan to get another one in 2003. The only complaint, really, is the "pitch" of the steering wheel. It was slightly awkward in the 1985, and even with the tilt feature, still leaves something to be desired (Honda should check out the pivot tilt as used in General Motors cars). The "up and down" is not really a "tilt", just a height adjustment. Otherwise, I really prefer the Honda over any other car in its class.

Tight ride
By Manu on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought this v6 coupe last month. I am very happy with it. Rides like a dream. No problems so far and it seems like I just got it out of the dealership. I would totally recommend this vehicle

the accord
By Vladik on 03/15/02 19:14 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

it's a good car it's drives good and it's better then nissan altima