Used 1998 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best car ever
By Jason

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Drives like a dream. Feels brand new, looks brand new, stylish. yet it is 12 years old and has 115k on it. Nothing breaks. Cant ask for more.

191,000 looks and runs new
By Karen

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

This was my first Honda and it has been the best value purchase I have made in 30 years. Alternator and timing belt changed at 93,000 miles, which is close to the regular scheduled maintenance, otherwise no mechanical issues. Red paint still looks fairly new. We own 2 BMW's and have had problems with starting in the cold weather, the Honda has always started in the coldest Maine weather. I still love to drive this car, no blind spots, comfortable. Reliability is the reason we keep this car even at 191,000 miles. Drive the BMW for luxury!

Favorite Features

reliability, comfort, fun to drive

1998 Honda Accord 2dr v6 coupe
By donovan reddin

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I love this car. All the guys in my car club love my car. It is by far the best version of the honda accord to date.

Favorite Features

i love the wood grain panels and luxury/sport feel of the car. the v6 engine only adds to its exceptional quality

Suggested Improvements

it should have been ran true duals instead of a splitter near the back of the car

Reliable and Fun
By Nic

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my car used, at 100k miles five years ago. Since then my biggest expense has been a new transmission, but I attribute some of that to the first owner's treatment. My air conditioning went out at around 125k, but other than that, I have nothing but praise for this car. I know people who have 10yr old cars that are in the shop constantly. I still get compliments from people about it, them thinking it's brand new. The style is gorgeous and it's a nice bit of sportiness for a young single gal such as myself. Versatile, nice to take on pleasure trips due to the spaciousness and classy looking enough to take a client to lunch.

Favorite Features

The EX coupe is sporty, handles well, spacious, and the V6 has surprising get-up-and-go

Suggested Improvements

Plastic knobs for air conditioning controls are kind of flimsy; seat back pouches are really only held on by a couple screws, and can come loose. Quite a pain to fix.

It's a Ford, not Honda.
By P.

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased new. For 9 years and 85K miles, I have had the following problems that were not covered by Honda: 1. CD player died at ~ 40K miles 2. Changed alternator at ~ 60K miles 3. Engine did not start on hot days. Stranded several times. Honda dealers could not fix this problem. An online article helped me to solve it by changing the main relay. 4. Not great fuel efficiency for Honda. I found out this is the problem with my car, 20 mpg highway and 15 mpg city.

Favorite Features

Body style.

Suggested Improvements

Noise. Reliabilty.