Used 1998 Honda Accord EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

First Honda
By Hobie

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Best car ever owned. Powerful 4 cylinder, fast, fuel economy always 30-31 on highway at 75-80 mph. Nothing went out until 215,000 miles-- transaxle failed.

Reliability.

Back seat headroom.

Awesome car
By Tman

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 90k and am at 129k now--no problems! I just changed the timing belt. Tran has always been smooth--I heard about probs with this tran early on and flushed out tran fluid (chgd 5 times) to dilute old fluid until fluid looked clean (1/3 of fluid stays in when chging, this is why I flushed it several times--may have been a good investment as still shifts like butter). I started using synthetic oil for 1st time and notice engine and for some reason even the trans runs even smoother--almost identical to a new vehicle! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this car--and is fun to drive, although more comfortable than fun--plenty torque at 85+ mph even with 4cyl.

Transmission smooth for me, contrary to others reviews. First class bucket seats, Honda traditional ergonomics-- everything right where it should be. Brakes and steering spot-on.

Needs wider interior rear view mirror. Not able to get better than 21mpg mixed driving.

love it
By mmlorusso

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought it used in 03 with 66K miles. I have 211K miles currently. Still runs strong. Replaced timing belt at 110K and replaced starter at 190K. Still have the original clutch on the 5 speed manual. Leather has stayed like new throughout car except for one small spot in the driver's seat. I drive it daily to work 500 miles per week. I can almost do it with a full tank since I average 485 miles per tank. I think I average about 31mpg. With current prices for regular gas in CT at $4.26 my only dilemma is: Should I trade it in for a newer one?

Mileage, reliability and style

Better sound

I don't want to trade it.
By ACCORD

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Very reliable, 115,678 miles and counting. Cold a/c, passenger power lock needs repair.

With a full tank 463 miles!!! Moon roof

The paint... bad!!

Sad with my Honda
By SadWithHonda

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Automatic transmission rebuilt at 95,350. I'm so disappointed in my Honda. Bought it for reliability, find that it's always run rough and had repeated annoying problems (ie musty smells in AC/Heating, occational water leaks, leaking sunroof) My previous car, a nissan, served me better and have much tighter fit and finish. No more Hondas for me

Exterior Styling is pleasing