Used 1998 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1998 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Worst Accord Ever according to my mechanic
By Kimyung

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

I had this car some years ago, the V6 model was a bad one for them. I think they made the engine too big for the transmission or something like that. Beyond that, there were a bunch of electronic problems. I think the 98-02 model was just bad for the V6 automatics, I can't speak for the 4 cylinders.

Still going strong
By jensters

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased car in '04 W/75,000 miles on it. I believe only 1 previous owner, they took great care of it. Knowing honda maintenance req. I immediately had timing belt changed, 6yrs or 100k miles (I think). I loved the car then and still love it now! My Avg. mpg is 24-26 (mostly hwy miles). I keep up on reg. maintenance.

Heard stories of transmission
probs but I haven't had any.@ 141k replaced rt fr axle,@ 155,000 miles replaced radiator. Other than those great engine.

Paint is starting to wear and had to replace pass. Window motor around 2010 but as far as reliability I have no complaint, 16 yrs & going strong can't argue with that! Love my honda

This was my first v6, love the power, even still! Very roomy. My large 110 lb dog fits easily in the back seat. Trunk is very roomy too...you can flip the back seat down for even more storage if needed, quite handy.

Interior noise could be less that's all I can think of.

Fun to drive Honda Accord
By sherrilee

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

This car is economical and fun to drive.

LX Coup w/ Spoiler
By Neil

1998 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Bought this car pre-owned certified w/ 14k miles. Best car I have ever owned and sad to be selling at 140k. The design and handling of this car is excellent. I was in 3 accidents in this vehicle, two sideswipes at high speeds and in all cases this car performed excellently. Only 4 cylinders but pickup like an 8. Interior has to be one of best designed ever akin to 98 "luxury" models. Trans went at 75k out of warranty but after complaining, Honda picked up the cost of parts and I had to pay only for labor. Other than that, an ACE of a vehicle. Also, the 98 design w/spoiler is better than the 2010 coup design. Love this Car!!

so many: design, trunk space, rear seats fold down, comfort, leg room, no blind spots.

Really can't think of any!

Best car ever
By Jason

1998 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 2dr Coupe

Drives like a dream. Feels brand new, looks brand new, stylish. yet it is 12 years old and has 115k on it. Nothing breaks. Cant ask for more.