Used 1998 Honda Accord LX V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Most Helpful|
Great car, even after a decade
By Troy

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Owned this car since it was brand new, and now almost 10 years later it still runs great! Has almost 240k and had no major repairs yet. I'm almost expecting something has to fail soon just because of the age and mileage, but it proves me wrong each day. If you want a great car that will take care of you if you take car of it, this is your car.

Favorite Features

Reliability, Look, Performance, and very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I'll probably by a 4 door for my next vehicle for the convenience

Still going strong
By jensters

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I purchased car in '04 W/75,000 miles on it. I believe only 1 previous owner, they took great care of it. Knowing honda maintenance req. I immediately had timing belt changed, 6yrs or 100k miles (I think). I loved the car then and still love it now! My Avg. mpg is 24-26 (mostly hwy miles). I keep up on reg. maintenance. Heard stories of transmission probs but I haven't had any.@ 141k replaced rt fr axle,@ 155,000 miles replaced radiator. Other than those great engine. Paint is starting to wear and had to replace pass. Window motor around 2010 but as far as reliability I have no complaint, 16 yrs & going strong can't argue with that! Love my honda

Favorite Features

This was my first v6, love the power, even still! Very roomy. My large 110 lb dog fits easily in the back seat. Trunk is very roomy too...you can flip the back seat down for even more storage if needed, quite handy.

Suggested Improvements

Interior noise could be less that's all I can think of.

First car
By martin james

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I really enjoyed this car at first, after all it was my first. When we first bought it the dealer said that the transmission was just rebuilt, thinking nothing of it we purchased it. Needless to say I have had the car for a total of about 5 years now, and have rebuilt the tranny twice. First costing 1,500 and second costing 1,300. The car isn't even worth that much. So unfortunately I am trading it in. I have read that it was that specific year that the tranny can't handle the engine, but I have given up on it.

Favorite Features

Wood grain, smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Tranny problem seems endless. Uncomfortable seats (leather).

World's greatest-150k and running
By Honda4Life

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

I am on my second Honda, over 150K. I had an 84 Accord in high school, and I know I would own a new one post graduation. I've driven Cadillac, Buick, Olds, Toyota, Ford, Mazda, Nissan.... Dont compare, dont compete!! Love my Honda, plan to get SUV or Ridgeline in near future. Classy car for a single mom with boys. They cant wait to sport it. Honda, please give me more power, maybe a V8? Otherwise, LOVE LOVE LOVE my HONDA! replaced EGR valve and 2 motormounts, 2 recalls on ignition switch, and I still love it, glad I went with coupe instead of sedan (due to transmission issues I was warned of by Honda Technicians)

Favorite Features

stylish sporty body, very reliable, beautiful all around

Suggested Improvements

V8 baby!! Better looking factory hubs/rims, NO MORE CASSETTE PLAYERS--- EVER!!!

Look for another car
By CBaker

1998 Honda Accord LX V6 2dr Coupe

Tranmission replaced at 56,000. Tranmission going out again at 85,000. This will be 2nd tranmission in under 100,000 miles. Not reliable. Failed emissions test the first year I had it due to recall. Poor Honda customer service. This car is a money pit.