1998 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
First Honda
By Hobie on 08/08/09 19:49 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Best car ever owned. Powerful 4 cylinder, fast, fuel economy always 30-31 on highway at 75-80 mph. Nothing went out until 215,000 miles-- transaxle failed.

Awesome car
By Tman on 06/04/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at 90k and am at 129k now--no problems! I just changed the timing belt. Tran has always been smooth--I heard about probs with this tran early on and flushed out tran fluid (chgd 5 times) to dilute old fluid until fluid looked clean (1/3 of fluid stays in when chging, this is why I flushed it several times--may have been a good investment as still shifts like butter). I started using synthetic oil for 1st time and notice engine and for some reason even the trans runs even smoother--almost identical to a new vehicle! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this car--and is fun to drive, although more comfortable than fun--plenty torque at 85+ mph even with 4cyl.

love it
By mmlorusso on 06/11/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought it used in 03 with 66K miles. I have 211K miles currently. Still runs strong. Replaced timing belt at 110K and replaced starter at 190K. Still have the original clutch on the 5 speed manual. Leather has stayed like new throughout car except for one small spot in the driver's seat. I drive it daily to work 500 miles per week. I can almost do it with a full tank since I average 485 miles per tank. I think I average about 31mpg. With current prices for regular gas in CT at $4.26 my only dilemma is: Should I trade it in for a newer one?

I don't want to trade it.
By ACCORD on 04/05/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Very reliable, 115,678 miles and counting. Cold a/c, passenger power lock needs repair.

Sad with my Honda
By SadWithHonda on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Automatic transmission rebuilt at 95,350. I'm so disappointed in my Honda. Bought it for reliability, find that it's always run rough and had repeated annoying problems (ie musty smells in AC/Heating, occational water leaks, leaking sunroof) My previous car, a nissan, served me better and have much tighter fit and finish. No more Hondas for me

Good Car
By HondaCoupe on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Good Car, Great Style, Very Reliable

Always a Honda
By ace on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Have never had a problem with a Honda. I have had four.

1998 Honda EX Coupe
By Viking9950 on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

Bought new. Vehicle is better than what we expected. No troubles what so ever. The 4 cyl. engine has plenty of power, is an excellent preformer, great fuel mileage. Vehicle has been lowered, rear spoiler added. Still gets plenty of looks. The leather interior is great with the sunroof. Radio needs to be upgraded (only bad feature on car). All else is wounderful.

Great car
By smiles498 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

I'd always been a fan of the 4th gen. coupe's design. I bought my car used last year with 53,000 miles on it, which made me a little skeptical. But the car now has 71,000 miles and runs like a champ. It still looks great too on the inside and outside.

Best looking car w/ excellent performanc
By alias777 on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Accord EX 2dr Coupe

This is the 4th Accord that I've owned. It's truly an awesome car that's reliable, fun, and awesome looking. You get the sporty look on the outside and a luxury feel on the inside.